Cutting Hjc-11 Visor To Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

for starters does anyone know what happened to the site? Im glad its back though. I just got my visor for my helmet and need to cut it. It is an hjc-11 gold reflective visor and Im not sure how to go about cutting it so it fits. yes I have a dremel tool. any tips would be appreciated before i just start hacking away, thanks :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadow said:
only problem with that is the space between the bottom edges where that diamond shaped thing is,is that the space between that and this top of mine is like 1 inch, I used robogenis' model. could I make that template work?

Sorry, I don't quite understand your question. You may want to post up a few pictures of the problem you're having and/or re-state your question.

Well, it would be good to know exactly what helmet you are doing so we have a better idea as to how you need to cut the visor.

And I have no idea what happened to the site either. But I would really like to know.

Make a template!!!! that way you can see it!! Use painters tape to then guide you to the shape you want. it will help you keep the lines

S3010004111.jpg

templatevisor.jpg

As you can see I posted a template i got from here. You might have the adjust the width of it as you can see in the pic i posted

HaloGoddess said:
Well, it would be good to know exactly what helmet you are doing so we have a better idea as to how you need to cut the visor.

And I have no idea what happened to the site either. But I would really like to know.

oh sorry, its mark vi, not thinking straight im sick >.>

JediStumpy said:
Make a template!!!! that way you can see it!! Use painters tape to then guide you to the shape you want. it will help you keep the lines

As you can see I posted a template i got from here. You might have the adjust the width of it as you can see in the pic i posted

Using the template and painters tape method that Jedi mentioned works wonders. I've attached a photo of what I've done...

IMG_0138.jpg

I basically placed the template behind the visor, taped it in, and placed the painters/masking tape according to the template design. Be sure it matches the designs/size of your helmet. I then cut out the design in the appropriate areas.

IMG_0226.jpg

The end result is great... be sure to take your time with it, and it should come out looking good. Good luck!

Thank you Pooper!! That is the perfect pic! I thought I took one like that of mine but I guess I didn't. Just to let you know I saved a copy for future ref! Thanks buddy!

im trying to measure it then put masking tape on the lense. but everyone seems to have pictures and stuff for the 2 part one, im only doing the first lense

If you only have one visor, why are you cutting it? Does it not fit correctly into your helmet?

Here is an inside view of my low res helmet.

Click the pic to see the larger version with arrows. I just put a little bit of hot glue at the top to hold it in place (red arrow). The blue arrow is the end of the visor.

Are you having problems getting the visor to fit the contour of the helmet? Pictures of your problem would be great. :)

RegularGuy said:
If you only have one visor, why are you cutting it? Does it not fit correctly into your helmet?

Here is an inside view of my low res helmet.

Click the pic to see the larger version with arrows. I just put a little bit of hot glue at the top to hold it in place (red arrow). The blue arrow is the end of the visor.

Are you having problems getting the visor to fit the contour of the helmet? Pictures of your problem would be great. :)

uhh yeah will maybe get pics tomorrow... but no the visor is and HJC hj-11 visor. seen here http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HJC-...QQitemZ280400296414QQptZApparelQ5fMerchandise

The helmet lense opening its 3" vertically measured, the visor is double that. im needing to trim it down to fit

i know what your talking about. just put the visor in, and find some way to make it off where you don't need to have, but leave a little space (like an inch and a half if possible). then carefully take the dremel tool and cut the extra off. then i used velcro to attach it on the inside. good luck and hope i helped some

Shadow said:
im trying to measure it then put masking tape on the lense. but everyone seems to have pictures and stuff for the 2 part one, im only doing the first lense

Oh, okay! So you're just going with one visor. You mentioned that you're using the bigger (HJ-11) visor. Using a template will still work to help you decide where you need to cut. You can get a sheet of paper and place it on the inside where your visor would be, draw out the outer design (the opening where your visor would go) then use the method I mentioned before. Only this time, add an extra inch or inch and a half to the design (maybe even 2 inches) and make the correct cuts. Trust me when I say you may need the extra space. If you don't, you can always cut it off.

I hope this helps you out some. :)

@ Jedi: Hey, no problem bud! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back