Daft Punk Guy-Manuel Build(help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I'm new to pepakura and joined seeking help to make a Guy-Man helmet myself. I printed out the file once and finished the visor, but it wasn't big enough for my face :(
Would you happen to know how I can calculate the size of the helmet to assure it will be the right size before folding it and gluing it all together? Thanks ahead of time!

Well I seem to have hit a slight speed bump with my helmet... While I have the entire visor rondoed and smoothed, as well as most of the rest of the helm, the visor is giving m a slight problem.

After smoothing in and checking the fit against the helmet it seem to have bowed out to the sides a bit. It there any way I can somehow bend/shape it back into place? It isnt off by much and I figure I might be able to bend the acetate once it's vacuum formed but would prefer to fix it before hand. :p

i'd wait until after forming, just give any dodgy bits a going over with a hair dryer, that'll make them flexible enough to be able to bend back into the right shape. Worked perfectly for me.

I'm making one aswell and I have a few questions
Did you fiberglass the inside? Looks like you Bondo'd/Rondo'd it aswell in some places. Am I right?
Is Rondo better than Bondo?
Did you hand sand the visor?
How are you making a lip for the Visor? :$

Any tips on this helmet? :D

Sorry for the all the questions. lol

Hi! Is there any way you can share these files with me..? Please.. I am desperate to find the right files, and your's is the best I've seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back