Daft Punk Thomas B Tron Style Via Dung0Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrpinski

Jr Member
Well, Maybe I'll introduce myself first... I have never posted anywhere but the noob forum but this is my 4th helmet build and I guess I can't post there any longer...

I am Igor and this is a build of my 4th Daft Punk helmet...

I don't know if you have seen my other builds but here are the end products of the first 3:

IMG_2826.jpg

61d12a0f.jpg

b8ec3238.jpg

I don't think anyone else has built this helmet from a pep yet so... Here we go!

I didn't rescale the .pdo at all because I was told it would fit me fine, I am 5' 10" and have a 20" shoulder span.

1c476da1.jpg

3426713c.jpg

58b1e409.jpg

f2eb213d.jpg

0a91f11a.jpg

This is what it looks like on my head...

254bd674.jpg

1c7c7499.jpg

cb98790b.jpg

63feae4d.jpg

ed06cd0d.jpg

My only objection is that it is a little long for my taste... but we will see what happens as I go...

Now instead of Rondo or fiberglassing the interior of the helmet... I used some casting resin and slushed it around the inside. This is much easier and faster, and there are no rough edges to smooth out on the inside of the bucket...

13ddc6ee.jpg

The stick in there is to keep the helmet from buckling and becoming too narrow... More to come later...

Its looking great so far, but got a question why are you building a pep version of this helmet since you already built what i would say is an awesome Thomas helmet already, Im building this same helmet but V3 of it im about 75% finished just never made a build thread and I think I would reather have done the baseball helmet mod but since im building it for a friend I just went with pep. Keep us posted keep up the great job

Its looking great so far, but got a question why are you building a pep version of this helmet since you already built what i would say is an awesome Thomas helmet already, Im building this same helmet but V3 of it im about 75% finished just never made a build thread and I think I would reather have done the baseball helmet mod but since im building it for a friend I just went with pep. Keep us posted keep up the great job

What is V3 ??? I looked all over here for the unfold of this model and this was the only thing I could find... Can you send it my way? What's different???

What is V3 ??? I looked all over here for the unfold of this model and this was the only thing I could find... Can you send it my way? What's different???

I guess there are 4 versions of the helmet that Dungbeetle had made, the 4th version has the ear parts attached to the helmet and is more accurate on the ear parts,PM me your email and I will send you the files that I have, I have a couple you can choose from and are smooth unfolds so less bondo work

Soooo... Another update....

I carved out grooves for the holes in the nose and mouth. I chose to do it this way to give more versatility to the helmet. This way both types of mouths can be cut out and if you choose to make the nose smaller, you can. On to the pics!!!

5142b7e1.jpg

44e9dbbd.jpg

3c28d220.jpg

ccb2170d.jpg

ab3c71b5.jpg

Almost ready for rubbbbbbbbeeeerrrrrrr!!!!! Yessss!!!!

Made my templates for my mothermold sections with index cards.... I know I know... High tech ;-)

af84509c.jpg

Traced it out onto some doubled up ply, cut it out, now the back half of the mothermold is done!

65a89aa6.jpg

4bd242d1.jpg

15e8f7e1.jpg

More to come soon.

Test helmet pull.

It's got some small divots here and there but it's not bad for my first two part mold I think...

40c55943.jpg

f2e03aac.jpg

b653f6b7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back