Dancinfools Mk Vi Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a little while since I've updated, I've been super busy working on the costume.

I've gotten a coat of epoxy resin on all the pieces and maybe about half of them cheese-clothed. The cheesecloth worked exactly as I would have hoped, it's a great alternative to fiberglass. I use spray glue on cut up pieces of the cheesecloth and then line the inside of the pieces. After that a quick coat of epoxy to soak into the cloth and it becomes extremely durable.

I also went to Walmart and picked up some cheap underarmor for under the suit. I'm hoping to cut up and add some upholstery foam underneath to help get a bit more detail. I still need to find some gloves and something to use for a neckseal, but hopefully I can take care of that this weekend.

I'm hoping to spend a few hours doing some quick cleanup work on Saturday and then start priming the pieces. They won't be perfect but I think I'll be fairly happy with them.

I've only got pictures of one of the handplates for now, the rest of the pieces are all at my parents, which is where I'm doing all my painting and resining.

dscn2172.jpg

dscn2171.jpg

dscn2170o.jpg

Well I managed to get it finished for halloween! I'd like to send out a big thanks to the whole community, I'd never have gotten this costume finished without all the resources of this forum. I had a few almost sleepless nights this last week, hence the reason for not posting any updates. I managed to get it finished in time to wear it to work on Friday. Wound up having it on for a full 8 hours and it was definitely a huge hit. I installed LED's in the thighs, biceps, and helmet and was really happy with the results. My parents threw a big party Saturday night, had a lot of fun and got some great pictures.

11146518627425616129500.jpg

11146518627565336129500.jpg

11146518627585296129500.jpg

11146518627595276129500.jpg

12743314876250596566630.jpg

DANG!!!! You are amazing!!!!I cannot wait to see the tutorial on how to use the Cricuit system in cutting....the only reason i am really interested in this is because i work at Hobby Lobby which sells the Cricuit systems and accesories, which also means i get them 15% off!!!! (hehe gotta love employee discount's...)

Thanks guys, not even 2 months only a little under a month and a half, can't believe I got it done Pepakura for the win. It was a lot of fun to build and wear though. It was really comfortable once I got all the foam in the pieces and all the strapping done. I was able to dance and drink without any worries.

I'll try and throw that tutorial for the cricut together during this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back