Dare Recon...painted Like Dare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pure sick man incredible job. I really can't believe how tremendous some of this looks, and am still blown away when another project rolls out looking amazing as usual. Great job indeed and crazy props out to ya for another job done VERY well.

Phil

The quality of this vid will improve if it looks like crap..lol. i just uploaded it at 12:27. This is the DARE vid.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy_1vF9AAvY[/media]

Ithica

looks sweet dave.

funny story, so today i get a text with pictures of this, and i reply "that looks sick. Now when can we expect the EVB?" it was a typo, deal with it. then i get a reply saying "um idk bout the EVB the eva very soon" then i say "oh yea the EVB is way better...dick...no box in the mail for u now".... well it turns out it wasnt you i was texing, but it was the CEO on your phone... so i may have called your wife a dick, dont beat me up or anything :D... thought id share that.

DreadMullet said:
looks sweet dave.

funny story, so today i get a text with pictures of this, and i reply "that looks sick. Now when can we expect the EVB?" it was a typo, deal with it. then i get a reply saying "um idk bout the EVB the eva very soon" then i say "oh yea the EVB is way better...dick...no box in the mail for u now".... well it turns out it wasnt you i was texing, but it was the CEO on your phone... so i may have called your wife a dick, dont beat me up or anything :D... thought id share that.

hahahahahahahaha way to funny. She told me she owes you a reply. She mentioned the conversation but left out the d17k part...to funny.

Ithica

Last edited by a moderator:
wow looks really good but isnt dare more of a blue color, just saying i cant really tell but it looks kinda blue on the reference pictures, but i love your paint job and do it they way you want, and if you said this in this video already sorry my pc is slow and vids take forever to load

I think it's about right. I see what you're talking about but that might just be the lighting in the rendering. Maybe Bungie will give us an Federal Standard color number to work with. :)

it has to be blue if you look at the concept its blue
Halo3-ODST_CharConcept-04.jpg

and then look at this picture they are pretty close the render looks maybe a bluish green
Halo3_ODST-Dare.jpg

Th3 FETT MAN said:
it has to be blue if you look at the concept its blue

Yes but that's a concept. Like this one:

bright_spartan.jpg

ODSTs are ostensibly black but if Bungie rendered them in true black we wouldn't see much detail. They appear to be a dark greenish grey like the McFarland figure. I think it looks like Gunship Gray. Which can have a bluish tint to it under certain lighting conditions. But we nitpick. It looks good.

osd_fig.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
im gonna go ahead and say the color it is painted now is fine... i think it looks great... remember we have still yet to see a true game accurate model from any body. all the great builders on here have all added there own touch, and thats what makes them great... lets not nitpick over the fact that the helmet doesnt have the slight bluetint that the screenshot has...

I have a two monitor setup and on one the Dare render has a green cast and on the other it's blue. Neither is calibrated so I don't know what the the hell color it is :)

Hey Dave, wondering if you might let go of that DARE helmet, my female friend's doing that costume, would help her out immensely :)

Looks great by the way!

- Fitz

Dave, you poor thing, you sound so tired in that vid! But I have to say thank you, it was well worth the late night, the helmet looks GREAT!

d^_^b

This is beast, im about to start on my fiber stage. just finished the pep stage... I did cut off most of the inside where the visor is, I agree with what you said, in the pics the visor sits flush not 6 inches into the helmet...

Props, well done

I agree with the concept art being differentin color than the original like rube pointed out. The art itself is different as well. Another thing that doesn't help with the color is that it is a night shot and she is standing under a light. If you look a the pants you will see that she is wearing Urban Camo and which makes sense because they are in the city but anyway, Urban Camo is differetnshades of grey. I do believe it is a shade of grey with a hint of green. Ok all that to explain why my wife chose her colors....lol. I thin it is great to have debates and opinions because then one thing is identified...we are all not sure....lol.

darkesword2020 you can work on one shortly.

Robo_117 oh yes she is..lol

{Cortana it was a late night again...lol

Evolution keep us posted

DYSTORTED INC Thank you.

BobvDijk let's see what you can do.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back