DC comics announces "Before Watchmen" prequels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unity

Hello all!

I'm sure some of you here have read the amazing graphic novel "Watchmen" By Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons . Well , DC comics just announced this morning that there will be a new series called "Before Watchmen" , which will tell the stories of the characters before the Watchmen were formed . Check it out!

http://tinyurl.com/84gd5r3

Here are a few cover images -

WATCHMEN_2012_ROR_Cvr.jpg

WATCHMEN_2012_MM_Cvr.jpg

WATCHMEN_2012_COM_Cvr.jpg

WATCHMEN_2012_DR_M_Cvr.jpg

Here is a link to the Full Gallery -

http://dcu.blog.dccomics.com/2012/02/01/the-covers-for-before-watchmen/

Lets discuss this people !

-Jacob

This is totally unnecessary, but I guess if you want to tell more stories about these characters this idea is better than doing sequels. I'll take all the Rorschach I can get. One thing that I think they're handling poorly is so many different creative teams. Why not have just one writer map all these out so they can all have a similar feeling of direction? If you can't get Alan Moore to write them why replace him with so many writers? I like J. Michael Straczynski, and I know he's doing at least two of these titles, but that's not enough. Brian Michael Bendis has been writing for how many different titles for how many years now? Don't tell me it couldn't have been done. As for the art, I have no problem with different artist for each book. I'm sure each will establish a suitable feel for their characters. I really love the first Rorschach cover.

This is totally unnecessary, but I guess if you want to tell more stories about these characters this idea is better than doing sequels. I'll take all the Rorschach I can get. One thing that I think they're handling poorly is so many different creative teams. Why not have just one writer map all these out so they can all have a similar feeling of direction? If you can't get Alan Moore to write them why replace him with so many writers? I like J. Michael Straczynski, and I know he's doing at least two of these titles, but that's not enough. Brian Michael Bendis has been writing for how many different titles for how many years now? Don't tell me it couldn't have been done. As for the art, I have no problem with different artist for each book. I'm sure each will establish a suitable feel for their characters. I really love the first Rorschach cover.

I do agree on the different artists . Darwin Cooke , for example , has a awesome art style that screams 50's (which is when the minutemen were around) and is perfect for telling a minutemen story . I don't think there needs to be so many different titles , I think 1 series that contained all of the stories would work just fine . That eliminates me having to go and pick up 6 different comics at one time at my local comic shop (and with the price of comics these days , that can get expensive) . I guess only time will tell if these stories are good or not lol

I don't think there needs to be so many different titles , I think 1 series that contained all of the stories would work just fine . That eliminates me having to go and pick up 6 different comics at one time at my local comic shop (and with the price of comics these days , that can get expensive) .
I don't think that was an accident. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back