Dead Space 2 Advanced R.I.G Build (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

180spaz

Hey guys, I'm 180spaz and I'm hoping to share your comments, flames and criticism on my first ever, EVER build- The Dead Space 2 Advanced R.I.G. I am scratch building it from cardboard, and have completed the helmet ready for fiberglassing and have started the R.I.G itself. I was wondering if I could get some advice from the pros (everyone on this site but me :) )

Q1. When I resin the whole thing and fiberglass the inside, will I be able to add the bondo STRAIGHT onto the resined cardboard?

and

Q2. Will I be able to screw panels onto the armour once its fiberglassed and MAYBE bondoed, depending on what you guys say. Thanks!!!

Love 180spaz.

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1668.jpg

IMG_1662.jpg

THATS ART I'M TELLING YOU!!! We also have another dude on the forum working a DS2 armor AND weapons :D He uses Sintra so there won't be a need to glass or bondo, good luck with the rest

Thanks man :D also, do you think ill be able to put the bondo straight onto the cardboard once its been resined about 2 or 3 times and fiberglass fillin the gaps?

I would recommend Glassing it first, resining it just helps it to be sturdy for Glassing it. I tried bondo on cardboard straight away, its not so sturdy :p

I knew that :D hahahahaha
thankyou very much my friend, but now i must be gone!!! have school tomorrow. Catchyas!!

Well I got TONS of work done, and I decided I'm gonna finish the suit before I glass and stuff. Please comment!!!
IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

Thanks for the support guys!!! And Metallica FTW hahaha. I'll try and get some work done tomorrow, and i might be starting on the undersuit :D

Awesome! I love Dead Space. I even got the DS2 Collectors Edition with the mini version of the Plasma Cutter. :D
I'm working on beating DS2 on Hard Core mode. ^_^

I can't wait to see more of your work.

That is it! Im not going to let you have all the fun killing Necromorphs on the Sprawl. Im helping to. Just give me a month and Ill be ready to kick some a$$ with you!

This is some amazing scratch build work! Looks awesome so far! Are you planning to add LED's to the suit? I'm also working on some dead space 2 armor, a mix between the security and Advanced suits. Helmet's not quite done yet, but adding a suitable light source is pretty difficult.
5440418305_4f02339a59.jpg

Looking forward to seeing your suit finished!

SpArtan-270: Dude the LEDS look frikkin sick!!! The whole helmet looks awesome in general!!! And yes I am adding LEDs to the helmet, blue, green, yellow and red LEDs to the R.I.G and blue and yellow LEDs for the stasis bar :p

flameup444: YOU'VE GOT EXACTLY ONE MONTH!!!!!! hahaha, great to hear that other are doin Dead Space builds aswell my man. It's such an awesome yet underrated game :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back