Dead Space 2 Advanced suit by Toja, not going to like

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is very excellent and i will be following this thread. but also as asked before, where did you find the models for the rig? cannot find them anywhere.

I'm very happy :), we are and running again, well thanks to all who return and will return soon,
Here some pictures from the last months

2013-04-14231545_zpsadb7b288.jpg
2013-04-17232811_zpsaec910d7.jpg
2013-04-17232612_zpsce106807.jpg
DEADSPACE2BYTOJA4_zpse922b4db.jpg
977182_528680090500610_1880850505_o1_zps2406151d.gif

DEADSPACE2BYTOJA7_zpsf92ce15c.jpg
DeadSpace2toja2_zps7f5d6573.jpg
994797_528541853847767_497922844_n_zps83779403.jpg
964497_504387049614444_1436185243_o_zps84508cb6.gif

IssacDS2byTojaFotografiaByEstampida_zpsd0538794.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
This suit is absolutely flawless. Great job! But can you upload the pep files for it again as the links you gave us do not work anymore. By the way, did you make the dummy head yourself? Can you tell how?

This suit is absolutely flawless. Great job! But can you upload the pep files for it again as the links you gave us do not work anymore. By the way, did you make the dummy head yourself? Can you tell how?

thank you very much friend, well and edit the first page with all the files (some files need to be deployed)
with respect to the head of the manikin, the answer is yes
(I find it difficult to explain all the details because I use a translator)
basically a plastic bag over my head wrapped with paper tape, to achieve the silhouette of my head and then the filling (rag)
* Reinforce then with packing tape

muchas gracias amigo, bien ya edite la primera pagina con todos los archivos (algunos archivos hay que desplegar)
con respecto a la cabeza del maniquí, la respuesta es si
(me resulta difícil explicar todos los detalles ya que yo uso un traductor)
básicamente una bolsa de plástico sobre mi cabeza envuelta con cinta de papel, para lograr la silueta de mi cabeza y luego del relleno (trapo)
luego reforcé con cinta de embalar

Incredible work. I'd love to see how this looks in a darker setting to really make the LEDs pop.

Incredible work. I'd love to see how this looks in a darker setting to really make the LEDs pop.

Thanks, well I have not really half-light photos, I'm working on a photo shoot more in line with the Dead Space environment, I have to travel many hours to find the stage, such as abandoned factories.

gracias, bien realmente no tengo fotos a media luz, estoy trabajando en una sesion de fotos mas acorde con el ambiente Dead Space, tengo que viajar muchas horas para encontrar el escenario, tales como fabricas abandonadas.

I have another question, now about your plasma cutter. Can you briefly explain how you made it, because I just realized it spins!

I have another question, now about your plasma cutter. Can you briefly explain how you made it, because I just realized it spins!
lo intentare, son dos piezas de plastico unidas por un tornillo,

Wow this is looking amazing Toja!!!

Amazing work man!

Looks awesome my friend. :)

thank you very much guys, I'm very happy to meet old friend and the 405th this up again and continue to learn every day something new

here a video of the weekend to share
blue leds were replaced by green laser, this increased the weight of the piece, so I decided to leave fixed the piece, as it is very heavy to medium screw
2013-06-17140936_zps6dfef847.jpg
2013-06-1714_zpse387aa62.jpg
2013-06-1714rr_zps3a63262d.jpg
2013-06-17140827_zps5eb89e59.jpg

Those low light shots are just incredible. What is the purpose of the wires going through the screw on the plasma cutter? Is that for the trigger for the lasers?

Hey Toja, I have a question about your helmet.

What material did you use for the top of the helmet? You know, the parts around the light on your forehead and the chin guard... looks like it has a different texture compared to the rest of the armor.

Even though I'll probably never use that stuff, I'd like to know. Do you use some kind of fabric? Carbon Fiber?

really nice, love the last set of pictures, :)
thank you very much
Those low light shots are just incredible. What is the purpose of the wires going through the screw on the plasma cutter? Is that for the trigger for the lasers?
exactly, near handle I have a switch button
Hey Toja, I have a question about your helmet.

What material did you use for the top of the helmet? You know, the parts around the light on your forehead and the chin guard... looks like it has a different texture compared to the rest of the armor.

Even though I'll probably never use that stuff, I'd like to know. Do you use some kind of fabric? Carbon Fiber?

if it is a kind of mesh fabric can be found in the internal linings of jackets, pockets or backpacks

Can you see out of that mask when the blue light is on?

Good question, according to the ambient light, say that if the room is well lit no problem, if this totally dark you see nothing
for that reason I have in my hand a switch to turn on and off the LEDs and to save battery

in Spanish
Buena pregunta, según la luz del ambiente, digamos que si el salón esta bien iluminado no hay problema, si esta totalmente a oscuras no se ve nada.
por ese motivo tengo en mi mano un interruptor para prender y apagar los led y ahorrar baterías

Hey Toja, another question... I've got the shoulders and my right knee of the Security Suit from Dead Space 2 on the table right now... taking a break...

Anyways, about the helmet. How do you see out of dead space helmets? They always have skinny "visors" but... they might be hard to see out of unless some mods are brought in. Can you tell me how you manage?

I WOULD be working on the Legionary suit from Dead Space 3 since it looks awesome... but I'm just... not... I can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back