Dead Space 2 Advanced Suit - WIP (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SN4KECH4RMER

Hey everyone, I've been lurking for the past week or two now and I finally got an account. Haha

Anyway, I've decided to do Isaac's Advanced Suit from Dead Space 2 for Halloween this year. I've done two other costumes(I was Arthas from Warcraft III in 2008 and G1 Optimus Prime in 2009),so I've got some experience in the field. I'm also planning to use resin for the first time, but I'm waiting until I get all the pieces done and I have a respirator.

The plan is to mostly use cardboard, but I've got some leftover Wonderflex to use on some of the more rounded parts. The helmet will be backlit, hopefully using a method I found in the "Help! Electronics" thread.

As far as the RIG goes, I'd like to light it up with 10 blue LEDs up the spine, and then two red ones right next to the lowest two blue ones. I want to be able to switch between two settings; one would have all the blue LEDs lit, and the other would light just the two red LEDs at the bottom. They would both blink at the same time in a one second interval to make it appear that my health is low, like in the actual game. (If anyone knows how this would be wired or could point me in the right direction, I would be more than grateful!)

Helmet
2011-08-30103812.jpg

2011-08-30103757.jpg

2011-08-30103842.jpg

I used the pep file from the Dead Space 1 and 2 thread that Deadalus Thorn made. And since the helm and the lower legs are the only parts that are pepped, the rest will freehand!

Chestplate
2011-08-30103716.jpg

I've got most of the display done. I actually noticed that in the game, the front half of the helmet is stored there. So I'm going to attach it to the chest with a hinge at the bottom and have the other side open up so I can store my possessions in it!

I'll be updating this thread as I get more pieces complete. I'm looking forward to everyone's input and suggestions!

This is amazing work! The helmet looks really really good, especially for a freehand with cardboard, I cant wait to see it finished. Also, very good choice with the LED placement. Good luck on the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back