Dead Space Military Armor (Level 6 armor) WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamertarded

Jr Member
Hey guys, I know I am starting a thread with no content besides reference pictures, but I'm getting some starting parts this weekend.
Anyways, I am doing the Dead Space Level 6 Military armor, the cool white one with a skull looking mask. I decided to do this as a scratch build in foam, using plastidip to seal it before painting and hot glue to construct it, like TheBradinator did for his Reach project. I'm starting on the top right shoulder, as it is a fairly basic piece, but is not that small of a piece.
Reference photo of the full armor:
37325488yc9.jpg

Thanks for looking at this thread even though at the moment it has no IRL content. If you could provide any tips on making the armor, and how I should do some things (like the eyes I was thinking about using mesh for them and having blue LEDS to light them up, or I could paint the mesh a bright blue) and how to attach pieces, although I do already have some ideas for that.

Hey man! I also have a friend working on Dead Space armour (not sure which stage though). I'll be watching this closely, and good luck!

Couple o' updates:
Going to harbor freight in the next 2 weeks, to get some foam mats like the one BenStreeper used in his videos.
I am also going to use his method (ben's method) of cutting things that are not level with the base part of the armor out, and then pushing it up/ down to get the correct effect. Just watch his videos, and you'll see what I mean.
I am getting the Dead Space 2 Collectors edition which includes a Plasma Cutter, which I will use until I feel like I need/want to make another weapon.

Nice Idea! Was thinking about making a dead space suit, but was going to make one of the hightier engineer suits. With the eyes, probably have LEDs and the blue mesh. Only problem may be the inability to see through the mesh. then again, I don't have much experince with mesh.

Nice Idea! Was thinking about making a dead space suit, but was going to make one of the hightier engineer suits. With the eyes, probably have LEDs and the blue mesh. Only problem may be the inability to see through the mesh. then again, I don't have much experince with mesh.
I airsoft a lot and have looked through mesh masks (which I would NEVER EVER EVER EVER trust my eyes in airsoft to) and with the correct mesh it's very easy to see through, although everything has a little bit of a darker tint. The problem I see IMO is how I'm going to set up the LEDs to not block my vision and/or blind me, hahah.

its seems to be a cool project so i have an idea for the attach

you can get tow black cables and bound them to some part of the armor

are there any pep files for this. this seems like a great idea and something i would like to build myself

its seems to be a cool project so i have an idea for the attach

you can get tow black cables and bound them to some part of the armor
Yeah I was thinking about doing that (or velcro/buckles) for the left shoulder, right bottom shoulder piece, and all the chest pieces. I was thinking about using a buckle in the calves where the band that pops out looks around the calf, attaching the front and back pieces together.

are there any pep files for this. this seems like a great idea and something i would like to build myself
No pep files, just reference photos. I'm hoping I'm the first to do this, as there are in general a small amounts of Dead Space suits, 1 of them was endorsed by EA, 1 was fan made, and then I had seen another one but wasn't sure if it was actually made by EA or a fan, or if it wasn't just different lighting of the same armor. And the people who had done those suits all did Level 3 armor, this is level 6, meaning I'm better. :p
Although someone here on the forums is doing the Advanced RIG from DS2. Anyways, if anyone can provide me some HD reference pics of the shoulders from all angles that would be awesome, I am going to power my way through the game so I can finish a playthrough and get the Military Armor. Too bad I have to beat level 1 to get to the shop.

Also, I am going to find an old skate helmet inside to model the aprox size of the helmet, or an old football helmet (or baseball for that matter) if I can find one.

so i did some reserch on this project online and i did find a place you can get a pep file for the helmet you want and a plasma cutter if you would like these files let me know i will hook you up bro

so i did some reserch on this project online and i did find a place you can get a pep file for the helmet you want and a plasma cutter if you would like these files let me know i will hook you up bro
Yeah I saw those, plasma cutter I am fine ATM because the collectors edition of Dead Space 2 including a LED lit plasma cutter. Also the helmet is the level 3 helmet, this is the level 6 helmet(military helmet). Also I don't really want to use pep files as I am using foam for the whole project.

Well, I got my Dead Space 2 collectors edition! I was a bit dissapointed with the plasma cutter, it's small as hell, not an accurate build of the plasma cutter used in the game, and it felt plasticy. All in all, still worth it. Here are some beauty shots. (btw, there is a great plasma cutter ref. photo in here)
A question though:
What should the paintjob on the armor be like? Completely new? Battleworn? Some scars? Blood splattered? I'd love to hear ideas.
IMG_0741.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

This is a size comparison of it in my hand.
IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

The LED's are on and the lights are off, it was too hard to capture without camera flash, making it almost impossible to see the LEDs. They are fairly strong, though. Makes a nice flashlight.
IMG_0747.jpg

Nice ref photo for making a full one.
IMG_0745.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back