Deliver hope Kat cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domofthunder

I’m new to halo cosplay I’ve never made a halo costume but the one I really want to make is Kat from halo reach the deliver hope/no robot arm version. I really want to make this version of Kat but there’s so much detail in the armor so dose anyone know the best way to make this armor as realistic as possible? Like what material I should use and how to make it. Please help me.
7D3DA1C4-3CA3-4C0E-86BE-90E01BEDB592.jpeg

You are in the right place, my friend.

For what method to use, that's entirely up to you. Do a little reading and research and find what you like best.

I would recommend foam, with a pepakura and fiberglass helmet, but it's all 100% your own preference. Look in the armory, the are files in there in the reach section that will help you.

Start a build thread and keep us posted!

Jumping head first into a tough build - difficult, but it's probably the best way to learn something new! Nothing's impossible with some determination. As Sean said, check out the armory (the Reach page is here). EVA foam is probably the best place to start - like many others, I would recommend looking at Punished Prop's videos on Youtube, especially the somewhat earlier stuff, which gives the basics to working with EVA foam.

The detail may be daunting, but if you do a little bit a day and strive for the best possible outcome, it will be done in no time. Same goes with material. Do research on it and choose what you think best works with you or will be the easiest. Your outcome will come out as good and realistic as you want it to, no matter your experiance. Just keep working at it and do as much research as you can before hand

I am also working on my first build. I recommend pepakura at least for the helmet. Personally, I am going to do Pep for my entire suit but I understand if someone doesn't want to spend the rest of their life cutting and folding paper. I chose pep because I wanted the armor to feel like it might actually protect me from something. Going the Pep route you make it essentially like plastic. Foam definitely seems to be a faster way to go, but you lose some of the rigidity and realism in my opinion. Of course, 3D printing is an excellent option if you have the money.

Details are always daunting, and the Spartan armor is so detailed that it can seem like a lot. My best recommendation is to not rush. It will take a long time to make a full suit, regardless of your methods. Go slow and take the details little by little. The armory has endless resources for projects and I believe there is also a thread on this forum for requesting resources that aren't in the armory.

As a newcomer here, I can say that this forum is not like the rest of the internet. It is full of helpful and supportive people who want to help you achieve your cosplaying goals. Start a thread and start your build. Ask questions and make mistakes. The 405th is only here to help without judgment.

I’m new to halo cosplay I’ve never made a halo costume but the one I really want to make is Kat from halo reach the deliver hope/no robot arm version.

In case you go the 3D route, I made a few files you can use, both with and without the robot arm. And because Thingiverse search function is rivaling bing, below is a direct link to it:

In case you go the 3D route, I made a few files you can use, both with and without the robot arm. And because Thingiverse search function is rivaling bing, below is a direct link to it:
Awesome! If you want the armor to fit well, I'd recommend the Armorsmith program, which is becoming quite popular on the 405th from what I have seen. Might be a little costly but it's a worthy investment to save you time and possibly wasted pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back