Props Devious's Dmr Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell when I saw this I nearly squatted out a brick of gold LOL. I just have to wonder I know you did this with the MDF and such but what kind of tools and parts were used to carve it with like for the triangles and such.

The paint is primarily automotive primer. I did the lighter grey to see how well it worked. Ill be looking into more realistic paints for it this week, either a gunmetal color, or a combination of a silver base coat with a glossy grey on top. Any paint suggestions are welcome.

I'd check out that Viking dudes thread I think he had a big post about the types of paint he was using.

@ Nintendude and Anjose: The DMR was carved from MDF or medium density fiber board, using a jigsaw, power drill, knockoff dremel, and various hand tools. The details on the stock were cut from wood veneer and glued in place with wood glue. For the small details I used knives and chisels, with some help from the dremel. Then the whole thing was given a good sanding with various grits, though it didn't do to much to the low quality MDF I was using.

@ Road Kill, Thanks for the feedback, Ill try and Update as soon as I can.

@ FROCKLIFFE, Thanks for the link, Ill look there.

Regarding the DMR, not yet. Regarding my M6B YES. I really have to take some photos, its by far my best build.

Ill see about going down to the hardware store, today to get some textured paint, and other colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back