Not open for further replies.

TurboCharizard

RXO and BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Stream Team
Member DIN
S068
It's a long weekend, conventions are starting up and a lot of our costumes have either been consumed by the steady advance of time or so covered in dust that it's rather embarrassing. Need a new costume? How about a Halo 3 Marine? I hear that they're the most popular costume of the Marine Gang, are very comfy and easy to wear.

The DFT-a-thon is a speed build with the goal of building a Halo 3 Marine using the Andrew DFT patterns and tutorial series over the course of the Canada Day long weekend and at the end of it all, sending one lucky viewer a brand new suit that was built on stream. It's as easy as tune into the 405th stream on one of the three days and then fill in the form with your information.

Streams are from noon to 5:00PM Pacific each day of July 2nd-July 4th.

405th Twitch

Entry Form
Only residents of North America will be eligible for this one unfortunately, shipping of a full suit is a bit expensive with a box as large as this prize.

If you want to follow along with the build streams, all the patterns and tutorials are made available for free by Andrew DFT. Make sure to give him a follow!

So I may have accidentally finished the whole suit of armour in two sessions. 10 hours to build a suit is great but now I have the problem of needing to make something tomorrow.

Taking recommendations for a prop to throw together keeping in mind that it needs to be completed in five hours and fit in a reasonable shipping box along with armour.

So I may have accidentally finished the whole suit of armour in two sessions. 10 hours to build a suit is great but now I have the problem of needing to make something tomorrow.

Taking recommendations for a prop to throw together keeping in mind that it needs to be completed in five hours and fit in a reasonable shipping box along with armour.
how about a red covant rifle or h3 submachine

You need to see the Mayhem streams. It's the complete opposite.
It IS called Mayhem for a reason!

Where else can you see some moron (me im the moron) burn out a hand held belt sander 20 minutes in and then proceed to use a dremel to shape a plasma rifle? also it is a perfect tutorial on how NOT to safely build cosplay

Mayhem 3: Take me down to Monke Town

It IS called Mayhem for a reason!

Where else can you see some moron (me im the moron) burn out a hand held belt sander 20 minutes in and then proceed to use a dremel to shape a plasma rifle? also it is a perfect tutorial on how NOT to safely build cosplay

Mayhem 3: Take me down to Monke Town
Mayhem: Turbo second guesses himself and adds several hours onto the build for something he thinks will look cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back