Diablo 3: Spear of Valor (WiP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I threw a coat of primer on everything, and attached the blades to the shaft I'll be using (6' vinyl coated pine closet rod haha). I also temporarily attached all the bits of the head to the piece so I could finally see what it looked like assembled.. Lots of finish work to do and a bunch of things to add tot he shaft/butt before I can get too excited.. but the hard part is behind me!
ON TO THE PICTURES!
CIMG0419%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG0435%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG0437%20%28Medium%29.JPG

CIMG0443%20%28Medium%29.JPG

What do you think?

Simply fantastic, it looks great as a whole. How did you attach the blades to the closet rod and hold them in place? Can't wait to see more :)

o so sexy cant wait to see this thing finished. and luv'd seeing ur armor at SDCC this year behind stage.

Well, after a few days off I finally got back to work.

Finished making the shaft part of the spear, and am waiting for the back blade to finish drying.. so I threw a coat of gold on everything and slapped it together real quick for a picture!

I'm in the process of shading/weathering this as I post, and later tonight I'll get to see it all come together painted! Very excited!

HICxTl.jpg

Thanks for the kind words guys!

Well, I've been working on it on and off - took some pictures of it assembled a few days ago. Lots of work still going into the back sections and the middle handle section, and I decided to invest in a airbrush kit and give it a proper shading job.. but here it is!

bDG4y.jpg

4w8mW.jpg

For the full album of pictures and build shots check out Solarion - Diablo 3 (WiP) - Imgur

Proper pictures to come as I finish the detail work on the back and redo the middle section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back