Disguise Prestige Amazon Spartan Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan513

Jr Member
Hey! So I bought the Disguise Prestige Master Chief armor set off of Amazon a while back and just go around to making it my own. I have pictures of my “build” with a separate helmet i built out for it below! I was curious if anyone else has used this pre fabricated suit for a build and would love to see your version!
475B42A4-FB43-4D07-985C-93DB94DEA51E.jpeg
DF455B0A-DB1D-4443-A9B9-7BED8E48D849.jpeg
CA70ADF8-B9D0-4736-80EF-E91DE92248B5.jpeg
BDB3C55E-605F-43FD-ABCF-E6E7A676539F.jpeg
3E9AE246-34E1-4034-9B90-9A7CA9F0603D.jpeg

Yes. I've used plenty of people buy this Disguise costume and customizing it, adding some things or just repainting it.
Good job you ditched the undersuit that came with. Some sections seem to be ok but mostly it's too thick and bulky and seems to be the weakest part of Disguise. Other than that it's honestly a great costume they did - that's why a lot of people bought it to make their own.
Nice job on paintjob! Can see your SW Mandalorian roots in it.

Yes. I've used plenty of people buy this Disguise costume and customizing it, adding some things or just repainting it.
Good job you ditched the undersuit that came with. Some sections seem to be ok but mostly it's too thick and bulky and seems to be the weakest part of Disguise. Other than that it's honestly a great costume they did - that's why a lot of people bought it to make their own.
Nice job on paintjob! Can see your SW Mandalorian roots in it.
Thank you! And yes the under-suit was pretty bulky in a lot of areas so I decided against it. Also it’s quite green like Master Chief himself and I was going with this black and orange theme to match my Mandalorian build and to rep my team a bit while I slay the covenant!
45CEDC1F-10B6-4538-83BD-2AA2FE328F39.jpeg

I've been eyeing this set the last good bit as a starting point to get a set up and going for one of my local cons (GalaxyCon Richmond) in March. From your experiences with repainting it, what would you say would be your top pros and cons with it?

For just starting out with building, this seems like it's a good first step to use as a base and modify it.

I've been eyeing this set the last good bit as a starting point to get a set up and going for one of my local cons (GalaxyCon Richmond) in March. From your experiences with repainting it, what would you say would be your top pros and cons with it?

For just starting out with building, this seems like it's a good first step to use as a base and modify it.
It’s more durable than one would think. I have not had to repair anything yet but I’m sure it wouldn’t be to difficult. Honestly it’s a WAY nicer set that I thought it was going to be. A few upgrades I plan on making is adding some foam to the interior for durability and probably tricking it out with more tactical gear. I’m very happy with it overall!

Foam won't make it any more durable - it's too soft and it would rather serve you as padding rather than reinforcement. If you want to make vacuum formed pieces more durable people reinforce it with resin and fiberglass on the inside.

Foam won't make it any more durable - it's too soft and it would rather serve you as padding rather than reinforcement. If you want to make vacuum formed pieces more durable people reinforce it with resin and fiberglass on the inside.
Yeah I guess “more padding” is the ultimate goal but it will ad a bit of durability in terms of thickness the way I plan on lining the pieces. It’s a good way to do so without adding material stiffness I have found in other builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back