Dixon Batallion W.i.p. Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenocrates

Jr Member
Alright 405th! Finally I got something to show for (slightly)

A few of my friends discovered this website on their own, read and watched some tutorials, saw some amazing works and got inspired to make their own armor. Today we went to buy some card stock, knives, super glue, and even some patience (yeah they sell it in buckets at Wal Mart)and got started on some helmets! The Mark VI is being done by Brian, and the CQB is being done by Alex, both of those guys started about a week ago and inspired / motivated the rest of us (guys without armor >.<) to get started! I got to take some pics of them working. (Im the one thats doing the ODST however mine got improperly scaled so all I did was practice cutting, folding and gluing therefor I have nothing to show personally)

Pepakura001.jpg

(From left to right)

Jake (EOD) Alex (CQB) Nik (Rogue) Brian (MKVI) Nathan (Recon)

Pepakura002.jpg

Gotta have fun while waiting for your own stuff to print out. Why not climb a few trees? This is Jake with Brian's piece.

Pepakura003.jpg

A fairly good close up of the CQB pep work Alex did. He was finishing up the rear when I took this shot. It came out great.

Pepakura004.jpg

Too much fun with the CQB?

Pepakura005.jpg

Brian working diligently, ignoring all of Nik's distractions.

Pepakura.jpg

SLow and steady wins the race. Nathan with half of the Recon's top done.

As mentioned earlier I didn't get to do much but practice today. I printed the Ral Partha ODST rookie helm at 28CM and it didn't look like it was going to work. Anyone who has done this helmet please give me some advice? I was told at 29 CM one size fits all.

More pics to follow as we keep working, however we don't get to get together much so it may be a while but tomorrow we are going to work most of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back