Don't Forget: TONIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen that the trailer is now available for download at spikedhumor.com same it wont be on my TV screen over here in good old England till next year. On another note is there anyone else from England on this forum.
UKSPARTAN :twisted:

i finally got to look at it, my girl brought her laptop home, i love it now time to study it

I just pulled halo 3 gloves last night.. I was pretty close. I knew this commercial would give us some great reference pics though. All of my Halo 3 stuff was on hold, hoping to get some serious High Respics from this.

I think the hand has changed a little since the initial trailer screenshots... I wonder why?

I hope they're done changing it.

Deadguy said:
I just pulled halo 3 gloves last night.. I was pretty close. I knew this commercial would give us some great reference pics though. All of my Halo 3 stuff was on hold, hoping to get some serious High Respics from this.

I think the hand has changed a little since the initial trailer screenshots... I wonder why?

I hope they're done changing it.

the first trailer wasn't prerendered was it? that might be the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
uhh. they changed the Halo 3 helmet again?

*sigh*

Back to the drawing board..

The other halo 3 helmets still had that cheekline with the triangular cutout in it, like the Halo 2 helmet does. The cutout was changed to make almost some kind of small intake area in that position, at least according to the older Halo 3 screenshots.

Now.. they've blanked over it entirely.

Do we think this is more representative of the helmet? or is the other version more like what's in the game. The other one was rendered in game, this one was ultra-rendered outside of Bungie, and theoretically "touched-up"

If you look at this helmet's paintjob in that area, it almost looks like they altered the texture to cover-up where they removed it from.

I sure hope at least one of us gets the beta demo version so we can share screenshots. I was hoping this commercial would be the "be all end all" to show us the armor.

Deadguy said:
Do we think this is more representative of the helmet? or is the other version more like what's in the game.

I think both. The new trailer is prolly closer to what a real life MC would look like. The announcement trailer is prolly gonna be closer to gameplay and short cutscenes. depending on what you're going for, that's what trailer you should look at. i think the best bet is to wait for spring beta testing. even if none of us get it, within a few days, i'm sure there will be plenty of screenshots.

Re: HAlo 3 commercial

Sean Bradley said:
Check the group that the Chief jumps into, pause it when he clears the ridge:

Guy in the center looks kinda like Tartarus, but the Armor is totally different , Red.

The aliens surrounding him look new, not Elites or Brutes, or any of the other covenant that we've seen so far. It's a new alien to Halo!

*update* Also anyone notice the huge mushroom cloud behind the ridge???

Personally, I think these aliens are named in the Halo 2 manual in a transmission from one Prophet to the next. It said something to the effect of: "We have the humans on the run, and in a tight enough area that we can almost bring in the Sharquoi." To me, it sounds like another covenant race name, and since this is another race, and it's currently unnamed... seems like naming them the Sharquoi makes sense.

They seemed to look like a mix between prophets and Brutes, yet they moved a bit like jackals as they ran out of the way.

Couldn't the new aliens be armored brutes?

I would expect new armor would be designed and issued to the brutes as they replaced the elites. I think they're big and bulky enough to be brutes.

[b said:
xLoDx OvErLoRd[/b] on bungie.net]The girl in the intro is Cortana. Notice as he looks over She turns into his helmet. Sh practically lived in his helmet.In the other trailer, it says, I know your PAST your future. I'm not a Halo geek or anyhing, but was Cortana ever a real human??

interesting concept.

Well int he first book they said cortana was made from a scientist who sculpted cortana as a younger her

Spartan 021 said:
Well int he first book they said cortana was made from a scientist who sculpted cortana as a younger her

Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey was the scientist who started the SPARTAN-II Project. At first I considered it being her but she is older than John.

Redsleighdown said:
[b said:
xLoDx OvErLoRd[/b] on bungie.net]The girl in the intro is Cortana. Notice as he looks over She turns into his helmet. Sh practically lived in his helmet.In the other trailer, it says, I know your PAST your future. I'm not a Halo geek or anyhing, but was Cortana ever a real human??

interesting concept.

cortana is inserted into john's brain stem i believe, not his helmet.

Cortana was indeed created from Halsey's flash cloned brain.

all smart AIs are based off a living human in some form.

it could be john and kelley (the sniper) but bungie says we won't know for sure. Looks like when they were out on reach, in the hills. Obviously it isn't earth. There is no open areas like that on earth in 2525 (or 2555) Has to be reach, has to be jon and kelly.

Just an update.. Frankie from Bungie said a few things that apply directly to some of our observations:

Angel - My question:
Are the models of the kids supposed to represent John and Kelly, and if so, is there a specific time frame that they're in, such as during a training op or something?

Frankie - The children at the start are there "for your interpretation."
Frankie - Are they young Spartans? Are they Earth kids from the 20th century? It is a question presented in the ad, not an answer.

FG_Infinite_7 - Frankie, my Question:
Why the shot with the hand armor? Its brought up enough controversy.

Frankie - What do you mean why? It's a 1st person shot of the Chief's hand.
KP - He's referencing the Halo 2 assets in the valhalla first person shot.
Frankie - Oh.
Frankie - That was because KP nubbed up the shot.
KP - But it's a dumb question anyways
KP - Yes. It was me.
KP - I suck.
Frankie - Haha.
goatrope - Noob.
Frankie - It was because then we didn't have 1st person view armor.
Frankie - Now we do.
Frankie - Simple scheduling thing.

Hawaiian_Pig -
Is the "bubble" grenade related to Forerunner tech in any way?

Frankie - The tech of the Bubble Shield is top secret, ONI-owned.

KP -
Any comment on when this takes place? The trailer, that is. The halo 3 part. Not the wee'uns.

Frankie - When the ad takes place?
Frankie - It takes place near or around the events of the E3 trailer.
Frankie - When those are is a spoiler.
Frankie - So I won't say.

Ironlion -
Who says "Time to go" as Master Chief gets up in the ad?

Frankie - The little girl.
Frankie - A little girl.

Landis -
Has anyone asked about a sprint option in the game, the whole "x = sprint" bit? If not, I would like to.

Frankie - Not discussing X button.

masterskill -
Group at the end with the Wraiths(?); Brutes, or some new folk?

Frankie - Brutes.
Frankie - One has a hammer.
Frankie - Those are Wraiths.
Frankie - New Wraiths.

PhantomFaux -
Are you, Frankie going to star in Halo 3, say as as guest spartan or a marine or some other role in the game?

Frankie - No. Worst, question, ever. Me in game.

Slith -
Will the shield grenade be the fourth grenade type we can use in Halo 3 - alongside the frag's, plasma's and spike's?

Frankie - Why does the shield have to be from a grenade? Obviously the object is grenade-like. But who says it's a grenade?

Veegie -
What were the high pitched screaming during the time frame transition? Will the shield be incorporated (or planned to be) in the release candidate?

Frankie - The high pitched screaming was a transition to the explosion noise.
Frankie - It was artsy.

Narcogen -
Grenade or not, does the "not indicative of gameplay" caveat apply to the special shield the Chief used in the advertisement-- in other words, is this something we should NOT be expecting to see in gameplay?

Frankie - Not indicative of gameplay means, these images were not captured from the gameplay engine.
Frankie - Anything else is up for interpretation.

goatrope - Frankie:
Why don't they make MC's shield out of the shield grenade stuff?

Frankie - Goatrope, because then it would be the world's lamest speedrun.

P_40E -
Will there be a sprint available in the game?

Frankie - Not answering specific gameplay features. (sprint)

sor -
Is there a change at some high resolution (higher then the released videos) screenshots of things like, the jump, or the blast coming down on the shield for use as wallpapers? Do you have any 720p h.264 versions?

KP - Screenshots of the trailer are on the way.

Konrad - Frankie,
WHERE does the trailer take place?

KP - The trailer takes place on earth.

FW -
Are you guys making your milestones?

KP no comment, Miguel.

Frankie - Actually the stuff with the kids was filmed on a set they filled with grass.

Adam said:
Redsleighdown said:
[b said:

interesting concept.

cortana is inserted into john's brain stem i believe, not his helmet.

Cortana was indeed created from Halsey's flash cloned brain.

all smart AIs are based off a living human in some form.

it could be john and kelley (the sniper) but bungie says we won't know for sure. Looks like when they were out on reach, in the hills. Obviously it isn't earth. There is no open areas like that on earth in 2525 (or 2555) Has to be reach, has to be jon and kelly.
First off, Linda's the sniper, Kelly's the fast one. Also, i think you mean 2552. And there could be Open areas like that in the outer colonies, but on Earth it does seem unlikely. And yet, in the post 2 posts above mine, Bungie confirmed it was on Earth. And Bungie hardly ever confirms anything. Pretty odd. Maybe they're just too lazy to explain.

Deadguy said:
What were the high pitched screaming during the time frame transition? Will the shield be incorporated (or planned to be) in the release candidate?

Frankie - The high pitched screaming was a transition to the explosion noise.
Frankie - It was artsy.

L :lol: L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back