Download Database Overhaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sigma LS

Sr Member
So the Pepakura Download database is being redone to make it easier to navigate again.

If you are having problems with files, want to request files, or have ideas on how you want it organized, talk about it here.

I'd also like to shout out to the Big wig modelers on here. ;) Please put up links of some of your publically released files in the database, we need the newest good stuff up there too!

Wow thnx for the redo [?] of the downloads i really need some stuff from there.... like the scout but not so much detail...

Should we not post any files in the database while it's being overhauled? I've got a few files to add at some point but I can hold off until it's all done so they don't get lost :)

i just wanted to request the armrs race marine armor. pretty please! i tried to make it on sketch up myself, and failed horribly

hope these help:

final Mrk VI high detail helmet model unfolded by lastspartan

The model takes 17 pages.
Scale : 0.251349
Height : 26.3 cm
Flaps : 5 mm.
Margins : 5 mm
THIS IS LETTER SIZED ONLY.

----------

final Mrk VI high detail helmet model unfolded by lastspartan-reorganised for A4 by raven2751
no other changes have been made

----------

final Mrk VI high detail helmet model unfolded by Sinjinsmiley for A4

This one is 18 pages on A4.

seperated onto pages labelled:
Jaw
and Back

The support struts and floating faces are on additional pages in case they need to be printed onto thicker card.

----------

final Mrk VI high detail helmet model unfolded by Ral Partha

Here are a few things about this file:<ul>[*]I have chosen a landscape layout for the pieces and of course, I've used letter size.[*]I have scaled this helmet to a standard assembled height of 26.5 cm (I originally sized it 10% larger for my head :p ), which should fit most head sizes.[*]This file has 25 pages, 16 for the helmet itself, 2 for the floating faces and the rest for support struts.[*]The pieces are organized according to their general locations in the helmet.[/list]Let me know if there's something wrong with the file.
-------------------

second last HD Mrk VI model

same model as above but with the strips smoothened out so you dont need to score it as much

helmet size tester model (so you dont need to build the fancy one just to test the size)

HD custom h3 chest not unfolded

HD custom h3 chest Unfolded by Ral Partha for Letter Paper

HD custom h3 chest Unfolded by Ral Partha for A4 Paper

HD custom h3 chest Unfolded by Bevbor for A4 Paper

supertaco's torso size tester model

-------other handy stuffs-------

halo 2 helmit with supports

simplified assault rifle

Awesome fs! Thanks!

Belakor- You can continue posting links in the database or here. I know I'm picking up that CQB chest. :)

Primal- If you would like to help get it organized, I'm all for it. Let me know what you're thinking.

Sigma-LS said:
... Belakor- You can continue posting links in the database or here. I know I'm picking up that CQB chest. :)...

Cool, thanks Sigma :)
Just posted the links to the letter version of the RH CQB chest and an A4 CQB shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:
My idea was to categorise everything under different sections - first, the game in which the item appeared (Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3). After that, the items would be sub-categorised into Weapons, and Armor. Further subsections would be labelled alphabetically based on the item name - for example, Assault Rifle comes before Battle Rifle. Each item would be listed as a direct link followed by the credits required of the creator, and a guide as to how complex the item is to construct (possibly a Star rating, * being the easiest and ***** being the most difficult). For example:

Halo 3

Armor

- Mk VI Helm credited to Flying_Squirl. *****

Weaponry

- Assault Rifle credited to Robogenisis. ****
- Battle Rifle
- Spartan Laser

Please note that none of the above are links, and as such, will not work.

Wow, the database looks so much better now that all the unnecessary posts are gone. I am surprised, though, that it went from 8 pages down to 2.

Edit: Primal, that's a great idea.

I'd love to see photos of each model with their listing.. so people know what they're getting.

But that can wait til it's all nicely arranged.

I'm working on it now. Once I'm done I'll PM a full and complete archive that can be copy-paste-submitted to the forums and used straight off. No editing required.

Awesome sauce. I saw that first post you put in the Download Database. Take that ball and run with it! :lol:

I can work on getting some shots of the models to add like Sean suggested.

EDIT: I think adding a perm sub-section in the H3 Armor section might help things organize a bit easier too if you haven't already planned to do that.

Sigma-LS said:
... I can work on getting some shots of the models to add like Sean suggested...

Not sure if these are of use, if they are I can grab pics of each model I do as I upload them :)

EOD Chest
th_EODChest.jpg

EOD Shoulder
th_EODShoulder.jpg

CQB Shoulder
th_CQBShoulder.jpg

CQB Chest RH
th_CQBChestRH.jpg

CQB Chest LH
th_CQBChestLH.jpg

Recon Helmet
th_ReconHelmet.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's perfect Belakor! Now if there was only a way to have all those pics in the master thread. I may be able to use some of my attachment space for it. I'll start adjusting some of the posts soonly.

Thanks again to Primal and Belakor for your help!

It's no problem. I'm working on making my compile work more efficient - I should have the entire archive done within the next few days. When that happens I'm usnure as to whether or not I should finish the post in the Database thread or perhaps start a new 'archive' topic.

Also, I intend to have a picture link along with each article, hosted to my own personal Photobucket account, to save on 405th's upload space, to give an example of what the model looks like. More details on this as I continue.

hey sigma, would it be easier on you if i posted all my links in the actual thread as apposed to just here? also if a few other people are doing the picture link rout ill do the same, we should probably use the same resolution as Belakor just to make it all look neater.

Database has been updated. Progress stands as follows:
<ul>[*]Link compilation at 40% (expected completion ETA three days)[*]Image reference at 0% (on standby until link compilation is complete)[/list]
TO ALL PEPAKURA MODELLERS:

Please PM me with file links to all of your works, unfolded and ready to use if at all possible. A special note to Flying_Squirl, which I'll spread to the rest - ONE unfold will do. Pick the most efficient version and supply the link. Doing so will make the compilation process MUCH more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back