DP-Guy Manuel, in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoxRocks

Alright. I've been lurking for awhile, and pepped a few things, but I'm not really sure if I have the right size yet on this helmet.

testfit.jpg

This is dung0beetle's model....and it's a super simple piece to pep so far, so I won't be too sad if I have to redo it. I'd also like to make a shout out to MrPinski...his build is what prompted me to get my butt in gear. His Guy helmet is nothing but motivation!

I don't know if I should go ahead and finish the pep of the helm, or save myself some time and rescale it. I've never done anything after a pep so far(other than foam, see below), so I'm not sure exactly how much room I'll need when I apply the rondo on the inside. It's currently at a 280 height, which I felt would be about right being that I'm 5'8".

I also have a MC helmet pepped that was scaled horribly wrong. (First pep ever, and it was a doozy) It currently collects dust in the basement.

MC1.jpg

Also a SMG that I pepped, and warped all to heck when I filled it with expanding foam... Not entirely sure if it's salvageable. I used a dremmel to get the lines back, and sanded the heck out of it to get it somewhat flat again. Oh well, I can't learn if I don't try :cool

smg2.jpg

The smg may not be salvageable... you could try using sliced files to build weopans, they're fantastic. You basically use the cardstock as templates and transfer the patterns over to 1/4 in thick wood or foam then you glue all those pieces together. It's way easier if you know your way around a bandsaw.

Second note, your pepping looks great so far!

The smg may not be salvageable... you could try using sliced files to build weopans, they're fantastic. You basically use the cardstock as templates and transfer the patterns over to 1/4 in thick wood or foam then you glue all those pieces together. It's way easier if you know your way around a bandsaw.

I had a fear that the smg warped a little too much. I guess it'll sit next to the MC helmet in the basement for now =P

Second note, your pepping looks great so far!

Thanks!

I think I'm going to finish the helmet and see how it goes. If it's too small I'll just pep another.

Looking good so far, nice to see someone else taking a crack at a DP helmet. Pep looks clean so far. Just take it slow when you get to the visor so it stays symetrical.

Finished everything but the front visor and quickly realized that it's a bit too small.

Bumped the height from 280 to 286. Hopefully that little bit works out. If not, more pepping!

Nice pepping! Think you could PM me the link to the file? I'm currently working on a Thomas helm by the way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back