Dragon*con Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

Well I know I am doing volunteer work this year for the convention in Atlanta, GA but I was wondering is anyone else going to be doing it as well. Also has anyone here on the 405th done it before for D*C and knows what to expect for a person that is doing volunteer work for the first time?

Nintendude said:
Well I know I am doing volunteer work this year for the convention in Atlanta, GA but I was wondering is anyone else going to be doing it as well. Also has anyone here on the 405th done it before for D*C and knows what to expect for a person that is doing volunteer work for the first time?

I heard it's kinda a rough gig depending on what they assign you to, but you get free admission, so it's a trade off. I know you pretty much have to volunteer like at least half the time you're there.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not entirely free for applying to be a volunteer for the first time you have to pay 20 bucks then next year you either can get in free without being a volunteer or you can volunteer again and not have to pay that one time fee again, so basically one time you pay 20 bucks and as long as you volunteer each year you basically get in free if you do the volunteer work also assigned to you.

Same place every year. Atlanta. Talk to Dreads about volunteering.

Marc Hall said:
when you guys go to these conventions how do you get your stuff there?

There's a couple ways to do it. Either bring it with you or ship it directly to the hotel before you go. That way it's there upon your arrival there. There's Fedex in all the hotels I think so you can ship stuff out on Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back