Dragoncon 2009 Picture/update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Dcon was amazing and it was great almost meeting you guys. :) I rarely saw more that one of you guys at a time, and when there was a group, you guys were really engaged with the crowd so I didn't want to interrupt. I was also usually pretty drunk and didn't want to embarass myself via introduction. You guys really should set up a meet-and-greet ahead of time next year for everyone. And the parade doesn't count; some of us have never been up to see it. I personally think it's a myth perpetuated by photoshop...

Oh, and link4044; You really should just contact the people at Dragoncon that are in charge of dealers about that recaster. That's a truckload of BS. I personally hate that about the dealers rooms. That second and third gen recasts and pirated videos even are allowed to be sold there upsets me.

Lord Farquaad said:
Oh, and link4044; You really should just contact the people at Dragoncon that are in charge of dealers about that recaster. That's a truckload of BS. I personally hate that about the dealers rooms. That second and third gen recasts and pirated videos even are allowed to be sold there upsets me.

well if you want the info on the dealer, heres the address on the directions sheet: Arsenalmodels@aol.com (email) or http://www.arsenalmodels.com (website). sorry about buying from him link, didnt know it was pirated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the best time at Dragoncon!!! It was great to meet some of you guys and walk in the parade. Everyone was so nice and the costumes were fantastic! I was the girl with the flood plushie and I really wish I knew who some of you were, lol (I'm horrible with names). I would love for someone to take one of the group pics and put the names overhead like pooper did if it's not too much to ask, just so that I can put names to faces. :)

I'll have pics up soon. All of you guys looked so awesome!!

I vaguely remember having an drunken conversation with one of you Saturday night... wish I knew what we talked about, lol. WHAT A FREAKIN BLAST!!!!!

I wish I had been able to bring a Halo costume with me, but there wasn't room in the van for my Mark V with five people riding down, and I wasn't able to get my Marine armor finished. I did talk to some of you guys in the Hyatt lobby before the parade, I was Spider-man.

Cadet said:
I wish I had been able to bring a Halo costume with me, but there wasn't room in the van for my Mark V with five people riding down, and I wasn't able to get my Marine armor finished. I did talk to some of you guys in the Hyatt lobby before the parade, I was Spider-man.

Which Spiderman were you? I didn't go but someone had pictures and there were like 2 spidermans

Goosebot 5000 said:
Timecon, his wife and i all got a tiny bit of coverage on CNN. right now all i can find it on is a tv that is playing parade footage while the interviewer talks to a dragoncon official, but im fairly sure the video is isolated somewhere else. tim walks right up on the camera and his wife and i pull up on the mongoose behind him. just keep your eyes on the tv behind them and you cant miss it.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/showbiz/2009/09/06/dragon.con.draws.thousands.cnn

edit: found a couple more

One of the members of the team and myself. he hand-painted all of the icons on the chest plates, and the skull on dutch.

l_f5d3e666fc6045b2a7d543686ac3b966.jpg

team win in GB gear + 405th in 405th gear.

DSC00930.jpg

That came out really well, the ghostbusters and us spartans. P.S. Im the yellow spartan

Hey everyone. I'm the Cortana from Dragon*Con. I had a blast this year. In large part due to getting to meet and hang out with all of you.

{Cortana said:
Man, after seeing these, I'm more determined than ever to make it to D*con next year! :D

Ok, I just have to point this out, that Cortana has the SAME EXACT wig as me! lol :p

Hello. :)

Yup! After I commissioned it from Cathy she e-mailed me very excitedly to tell me two more people had asked for it. We should find the third and get her to join too. :) I had to cut it and shape it after I got it, though. I must have a strangely shaped head 'cause it looked very odd when I put it on.

I made it back to Louisiana this evening. I've got over 1400 pics to sort through. I'll have the best shots up in a day or two. It was great meeting everyone and hanging out. Does anyone have any contact info on the girl in the "sexy" version of the UNSC naval officer's uniform? Pics to come. UNSC_Leatherneck, Out.

cool, cant wait to see them. btw, welcome to the 405th CelticDragon38! glad to see you among us at the marriot marquis. ill go back and edit your name in the pic from 'random cortana' to your username, lol

Hey, think we should start planning for next year already? Maybe next year we can actually be organized....

Adam said:
hahah... chicks love the chief!

Yes.. yes we do! :love:

Kaya Tetsu: Thanks for posting the names on the group pic, that was perfect! Nice to meet you by the way. :)

Really cool photos everyone! :D

Macattack64 said:
I definitely want to try for next year. Haha I got a year to finish.. Woo!

Me too, I was going to try for this year but that never happened. Maybe next year will work out, currently looking at either SDCC or D*Con (want to get to a DEFCON too but that's a topic for a whole other forum ;)) would love to do both but I don't think I could stay over there for that long.

Better start saving some $'s...

Belakor said:
Really cool photos everyone! :D

Me too, I was going to try for this year but that never happened. Maybe next year will work out, currently looking at either SDCC or D*Con (want to get to a DEFCON too but that's a topic for a whole other forum ;) ) would love to do both but I don't think I could stay over there for that long.

Better start saving some $'s...

My dad wants to go to SDCC con. I told him we'll make plans to get you there if I get my armor done. lol

I actually had no intention of walking in the parade, I woke up in my pajamas and was going for coffee when I ran into a very late Timecon / Bumblebee(j/k). Helped those guys get over to the parade in time, looked down and noticed I had my Mark V shirt on and had to walk back to the hotel anyhow.. banner-time! But yeah, I'm missing from Kaya's photo but I'm the guy with the Nightmare On Elm St beanie and Mark V shirt. I did some trooping in my Mark VI, no pics yet... waiting on UNSC_Leatherneck to sort 'em. I just made it home, nothing better than a hot shower and a night in your own bed after 4 days of roughing it out on the floor of a hotel. Hope you all enjoyed my tweets via www.twitter.com/405thsource - pics coming soon.

Cheers,

Kensai

Front and Center

DSC_0217.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back