Drinking And Your Helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJScootR

So I have successfully completed my Mk VI armor and my friend brought up a pretty decent question that did stump me.

How am I supposed to drink without taking my helmet off? Master Chief never removes his helmet while in uniform and I'm gonna do the same.

What can I do?

Suggestions?

Hmm wow good question wow well lets see u could have kinda like those drink hats only attached to a bottle in ur pocket or hand that goes under ur helmet to ur mouth.

Straw? Long flexible straw? There could be somewhere in the helmet where a straw goes, like in most gas masks, but no one knows where it is? lol.

GASMASK-M85-D.jpg

Well I experimented with the straw and a long tube with a holster ripped off one of those drink hats but the long tube was impossible to get anything out of and I can't find a straw that isn't friggin inconvenient to drink out of. Especially if I have a little too many beers, know what I'm saying? ha. Oh and HOMEROWED Psychopanda. Kevin Rose was awesome on AOTS.

P.S it's not a problem of hydration. It's a problem of looking like a rapist being the only guy sober not drinking anything and all the ladies drunk as hell. Not a rapist...haha

Hmm.. One could wear a camelbak.. maybe? I dunno how comfortable that would be under any armor..

R.I.P. AOTS and The magnificence that was TechTV. Thank god for Revision 3 and Diggnation..-cough-

Psychopanda said:
Hmm.. One could wear a camelbak.. maybe? I dunno how comfortable that would be under any armor..

R.I.P. AOTS and The magnificence that was TechTV. Thank god for Revision 3 and Diggnation..-cough-

That'd be alot of stale beer....haha. Idk. I'm gonna keep experimenting. If anyone else has any ideas theyd be very much appreciated. =]

P.S. You do gotta admit....Olivia Munn is pretty hott....Pereira is cool too. It's just changed. G4 as a whole...BLOWS. If I see another episode of Cops or Cheaters, I'm gonna drop it all together and watch AOTS online. =] haha. I do miss Screen Savers though.

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a thread similer to this long ago basically try and find one of those back water carries (back thingy full of water) , as far as i know it had a straw attachment so maybe try ebay or google search , you probibly coud easily make your own witha small bottle say most likely in the back plate of the torso (on the inside) so thats it would be easier to drink from but i agree with "oneforgot10soul" just hide and have a "swig" of something then put it back on :p

Yeah. That's the thing Iwas talking about GIR. They're called camelbaks. I got mine at a military surplus store for $30. And a solution for the stale-ness...don't give it enough time to get stale.. lol.

Psychopanda said:
Yeah. That's the thing Iwas talking about GIR. They're called camelbaks. I got mine at a military surplus store for $30. And a solution for the stale-ness...don't give it enough time to get stale.. lol.

lol sorry i didnt see that posted there , oh well more info there any way :p

heres a picture of what they look like anyway

bh-eag-710.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem, if I sounded like a douche I wasn't trying to be one. heh.Same one I got. Comes with a 3 liter ( i believe) bladder.

If you go to camelbak's official site, they have other designs, such as smaller packs and picks integrated into backpacks.

I've been thinking about how to do this when I go out to the bar on Halloween, with not much success. The whole cammel back still kinda makes you look weird, because people can't see where your drink is coming from, or if you even have one altogether.

Beer is never good through a straw. Pass.

I would suggest a stiff drink through a straw. A long straw. Lol. I don't recommend shots either :p

Or just drink your fill before gearing up.

Holding a beer and pretending to drink it doesn't make you look creepy either.

All that considered, I don't plan on actualy getting drunk. I've spent too money and time on my gear to accidentilly break it while stumbling around.

Get a piece of clear flexible tubing in the plumbing section.

Sure drinking beer out of a straw sucks, but it beats not having a drink at all. :)

Hummingbird Chief ftw.

Drinking my fill before I geared up means I would not have the motor skills to get the armor on. lol.

But like angel said, get a few in before going out. It'll save you some money too.

You could lift the helmet enough to just expose just your mouth if you really had to take a drink.

Grab a camelback replacement pack on eBay, it's just the plastic bag. Put it in your back torso :)

With beer, you gotta use gravity, otherwise, you'll get drunk too fast :p

objet29.jpg
For the win!

Ever since I started makin armor I was wondering the same thing (cuz I´m most likely gonna wear it only at partys and stuff). If you find a solution, be sure to post it. I´d like to know how you do it

All the best,

putenschnitzel

'Hurr durr how r i drink wiv my helmit on so i get teh wimminz?'

Seriously? You're worried about other women getting drunk, and you not.

Yet you keep your helmet on. How does that make sense, Asif you're going to be picking up chicks with a suit of armor from an Xbox game. And even if you did grab some interest, if you're not willing to even remove your helmet you're not gonna get far.

Just take it off and drink dude. Go hide if you must.

Also, people posting here, seriously? A camelback? Because at a PARTY, He's gonna somehow open his backplate of his armor every time he picks up a new drink, to fill it up, then close it, and go off drinking.

Dude, It's a Mk 6 helmet, there is a gap called the neckhole.

Hold your cup UNNDERNEATH the neckhole, put a straw in the drink, up the neckhole into your mouth. It's pretty standard. You don't need a rocket scientist to figure it out.

-Stig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back