Dual Layer Visor Mini-Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough, but a couple of things...

Posting to a dead thread, even a sticky thread, does drive the posts down if someone is using a mobile app like Tapatalk. And lots of people do. Thus burying more relevant threads.

My understanding is that if you have a specific question you are asked to start a new thread. Perhaps this shouldn't apply to sticky's, I don't know. I do know that it would be simple to say "I read the sticky on X and have a question..."

If it is just a comment on a thread, as it is here, instead of a question or something that moves the thread along it just clutters the thread (and yes, I know that I am cluttering the thread right now). There is a like button which links to the author's profile if you want to send thanks instead of zombie posting.

I am pretty sure that this is the first time I have mentioned posting to a dead thread to someone. I probably won't again as it really isn't worth my time being called a hypocrite by someone who says they read the posts but missed the two right above theirs stating the same thing (although I find this reasoning similar to the person who admonishes a police officer for speeding to catch up to them on a traffic violation).

Anyway, I may be wrong. Perhaps a mod could advise.

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

Jme - a sticky thread will NEVER take space or bury other threads - sticky threads always remain on top, doesn't matter if someone writes there or not.

I know it's been 6 years since someone wrote there, but still - I think if someone has a question regarding the same topic it's better to write in the same Tutorial thread instead of making new one.
First, they wouldn't make a mess on the forum posting same threads over and over again.
Second - if someone else has the same question and reads here, they don't have to ask it again.

No offense or anything. It's just a tutorial thread and a sticky.
If it was any other thread - I'd appreciate you writing this... however I personally don't understand bashing people on Tutorial threads - it's just my opinion, I may be wrong.

Let's just call our Master, FANGS to clarify. :D

Going to step in here - responding to inactive threads - even Sticky Threads - is frowned upon UNLESS THE BUMP CONTENT IS RELEVANT.

We have dozens of bumps a week from people resurrecting threads from yonder days simply to say 'wow, thanks!' or 'amazing work, keep it up!' without actually checking to see whether that comment would be appropriate, and every time a thread is needlessly resurrected, it pushes down content from other members that's current and relevant. The only times a bump is relevant are:

- Requesting a fix for broken links/images (something a few of our Stuck threads are, unfortunately, suffering from)
- When it's your own thread
- When the thread is a 'request' thread (particularly for files) which have no real expiry date

Put simply: if it's not a bump with relevant content, it's generally frowned upon. As, unfortunately, is bickering about whether or not it's OK to bump a thread - it's one thing to dredge up an old thread, it's another to keep it dredged by arguing in it. Feel free to correct a member if you think they've broken a rule, but let's not devolve into grumbling about the particulars.

Now, back to your build threads and let's see that energy turned to more productive uses!

Guys....seriously. Oy vey! This is not something to get anyone's shorts in a knot over. I appreciate that people try to keep things clean and flowing but for a thread that no one thinks should be posted in, its had an awful lot of traction.

Let's try this. If someone necro posts and you think it's silly, roll your eyes and waggle your finger at the screen. If the person seems to do it a few times, maybe send them a little message that says Hello Friend! FYI, no one loves old posts being dragged out of the depths. If they still do it.....use that handy dandy little report button and call SHENNANIGANS! I or one of my staff will look in to your complaint (it would be super helpful to note if this has happened often so we know) and talk to the member ourselves. In short.....don't get in to a debate over not posting in old threads by POSTING IN OLD THREADS.

Sincerely, The Head Eye Roller and Shennanigans Stopper.

Guys....seriously. Oy vey! This is not something to get anyone's shorts in a knot over. I appreciate that people try to keep things clean and flowing but for a thread that no one thinks should be posted in, its had an awful lot of traction.

Let's try this. If someone necro posts and you think it's silly, roll your eyes and waggle your finger at the screen. If the person seems to do it a few times, maybe send them a little message that says Hello Friend! FYI, no one loves old posts being dragged out of the depths. If they still do it.....use that handy dandy little report button and call SHENNANIGANS! I or one of my staff will look in to your complaint (it would be super helpful to note if this has happened often so we know) and talk to the member ourselves. In short.....don't get in to a debate over not posting in old threads by POSTING IN OLD THREADS.

Sincerely, The Head Eye Roller and Shennanigans Stopper.

*salutes*

THIS.IS.GOLD, FANGS! :D

// sorry you had to post it, because your response it TOTALLY EPIC! //

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back