Duke's Cosplay Repair Kit

Do you bring a repair kit with you to events?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128

I've always liked SgtSkittle117 's Repair Kit that they posted a few years back (linked above). I've made some changes/additions so I thought I would post mine.

Most conventions should have a cosplay repair booth or sometimes just a box of supplies at the event booth or information booth. This is a repair kit you can keep in your car as a back up, or if you have your own booth at an event.

I thought I was getting the same box as SgtSkittle117 but it must be smaller as mine has 2 trays and theirs has 3. But mine seems the perfect size (not very big) but uses it's space well. It's also pretty stout for the low price of $13.

Walmart Tackle Box

I'm definitely at max capacity though so if you want to add anything you'd need to buy a bigger box.

Hi-temp Glue Gun
Hi-temp Glue Sticks
Krazy Glue
E6000 Glue (x2)
Cos-bond Adhesive Strips (contact cement)
Epoxy Putty
Gorilla Tape
Electrical Tape
Painter's Tape
Zip Ties
Parachord
Shoestring
Elastic
Velcro
Lanyard
Binder Clips
Binder Rings
Paper Clips
Tape Measure
Sewing Repair Kit
Needles​
Safety Pins​
Buttons​
Thread​
Scissors
Multi-Tool
Carabiner (x2)
Craft Knife
Replacement Blades
Paint Brush
Black + Silver Paint Pen
Black + Silver Marker
Nuts + Bolts
Batteries (9V, AA, AAA)
Phone Chord + Wall Adapter
Lens Cleaners
Wire Strippers
Electronics Repair Kit
Wire​
Battery Connectors​
Switches​
Quick Connectors​
Crimpers​
Vitamin C powder
Contact Solution
Wet Wipes
Q-Tips
Toothpicks
Ibuprofen
Lint Roller
Bandage Tape
Alcohol Wipes
First Aid Kit
Antiseptic​
Bandages​
D20

Everything is in this first picture. If you want to know the brand or where I got something just ask.

The second/third picture shows everything fit except two of the four 9V and I opted to switch an extra craft knife for replacement blades. I also put a lock on it so things don't wander off and kids can't get to the knives.

20220424_121737.jpg
20220424_123621.jpg
20220428_193143.jpg

Last edited:
Is the D20 to determine what method of adhesion should be used?
[Nat 1]
"Er, you're just gonna have to hold that together."

This is a great list, and I'm sure I'll find it handy as I'll need to throw a few things together for a production I'm travelling for.

Nice! I need to update my kit and this along w/ SgtSkittle117's will be my references for ideas .

While on the pricier side for what you get, I recently started carrying CosBond reinforcer (in black) already cut into strips on me when I walk around the con (I see you have the sample pack in your first image (y)). Most cosplay repair stations seem to have primarily duct tape and hot glue, and I find that the CosBond holds up better for the rest of the day so I'm not always checking if I need to head back to the repair station or back to my hotel room/car to do more robust repairs. Highly recommend figuring out a way to hide some on your suit.

Last edited:
Nice! I need to update my kit and this along w/ SgtSkittle117's will be my references for ideas .

While on the pricier side for what you get, I recently started carrying CosBond reinforcer (in black) already cut into strips on me when I walk around the con (I see you have the sample pack in your first image (y)). Most cosplay repair stations seem to have primarily duct tape and hot glue, and I find that the CosBond holds up better for the rest of the day so I'm not always checking if I need to head back to the repair station or back to my hotel room/car to do more robust repairs. Highly recommend figuring out a way to hide some on your suit.
Nice Spot. I didn't include it in the list because I wasn't sure 1) how well other cosplayers liked it. 2) unsure if it was widely available. But I see it on Amazon and with your endorsement I'll add it to the list. :D

Oh you would be the person to know at a con! In my experience, the first stop of a con is always the pit stop, when someone inevitably loses a piece, so this would be an awesome thing to have on hand! Imma be taking notes for what to shove into my backpack for the next con!

Oh you would be the person to know at a con! In my experience, the first stop of a con is always the pit stop, when someone inevitably loses a piece, so this would be an awesome thing to have on hand! Imma be taking notes for what to shove into my backpack for the next con!
I would recommend buying Square Snack-size ziplocks, they are a little smaller than sandwich size and are perfect for this kind of thing. I put everything in bags so they stay clean, organized and less chance of making a mess like with glues or strings.

I had some extra room in that top cubby (third picture) so I've added:

Lens Cleaning Wipes
Alcohol Wipes
Binder Clips
Binder Rings
Paper Clips

After our trip to LA, everyone should add contact lens solution to your box in case Frank O'Connor comes to ask! lol

Asgardianhammer I've added contact solution for Frank O'Conner :)

20220509_170104.jpg

I've also added a couple Emergen-C packs. Normally this would go with my toiletries since I always take Vitamin C for cons, but I thought in case I forget to do it in the morning a backup couple wouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back