Duke's next project (Or quest to make business cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we're not supposed to manipulate the colors though. The more I scan the guide the more I'm thinking I can't even have it be transparent. They very clearly show select background options.

Regiment logo identity guides
You're overthinking it a wee bit.

The regs are for just for plastering a sticker to your armor. If you're making it on a business card, it should be fine.

This is why I avoid other people's/site's logos when I design a graphic. It's a pain in the buns to follow regs.

What I would suggest doing, is thinking of a page name, then making an original logo for it.

My page is "Palmetto Replicas and Designs". My logo is a South Carolina flag with an AR leaning on the tree and a Titan Pilot leaning on the tree, cowboy style. The moon os replaced with a stylized death star. Just an example. Be creative!

The fun of the deathstar is so I can say "that's no moon" xD

It's about that time when Turbo pitches in...

Last edited:
D4863C49-CCE6-48D8-B98D-9B079EC67D97.jpeg
59FD21F9-74A5-4472-81C0-AB11D960A936.jpeg
930C4688-9550-429C-B718-4137068CD79F.jpeg

It's about that time when Turbo pitches in...

giphy.gif

For PerniciousDuke I'm in the same boat as you, don't fiddle around with colours or anything that's 'fficial. On my new business cards that I'm waiting on the mail for I have an all black Canadian Regiment logo and then my username as you'd see people do with a Facebook/Twitter/Instagram icon and then their handle.

EDIT: Found the thing.
Business Card Back.png

Last edited:
Guys, even if it's a "personal" card anything that uses the 405th Logo, or a Regimental Logo really should just get even a quick glance from Robert before you get them printed. I am sure you can all understand the desire to make sure anything that has our logo that is made for public dissemination or distribution is double checked.

I'm not saying you can't make and print your own business cards with all your various social media handles and links, including your 405th Board Name and Regiment's logo, I am just saying that as soon as you make something in a large number with the intent to pass out, it is just a courtesy to give a head's up. It's not even like a formal approval committee process. Just a PM or an Email with "Hey, Robert, I want to have some business cards printed, is this design cool?"

Guys, even if it's a "personal" card anything that uses the 405th Logo, or a Regimental Logo really should just get even a quick glance from Robert before you get them printed. I am sure you can all understand the desire to make sure anything that has our logo that is made for public dissemination or distribution is double checked.

I'm not saying you can't make and print your own business cards with all your various social media handles and links, including your 405th Board Name and Regiment's logo, I am just saying that as soon as you make something in a large number with the intent to pass out, it is just a courtesy to give a head's up. It's not even like a formal approval committee process. Just a PM or an Email with "Hey, Robert, I want to have some business cards printed, is this design cool?"

Message sent to Asgardianhammer with the proofs, thanks Cadet for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back