Status
Not open for further replies.

PerniciousDuke

RCO & BCO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S128
Feels good to be back on Halo!

You may have heard some 405th staff are teaming up to bring all members the chance to build an easy to transport Halo costume just in time for Halo Outpost Discovery! We'll be live streaming our builds on Twitch so that anyone can tune in to ask questions or chat with other members.

I'll be keeping a build thread here so that I can keep my scaled sizes, product links and steps to complete square.

The idea is that we all build a Halo Reach Army Battle Dress Uniform. They appear in the game, but with the help of concept art we know that there are many other jobs in the army that require a battle dress.
HR_UNSCLineup_Concept_1.jpg

I'm going to be building mine for my roommate again. Now he can Halo with us!

He researched different jobs within the US Army. He settled on an Army Counterintelligence Officer. While they do not normally see combat they do have regulations for what they wear and what weapons they typically use. Being a lesser known position and of a future space army we are going to have fun with it. :)

I'll be making a BDU similar to the one on the far right, but with a facemask similar to the #3 soldier. For the undersuit jacket and pants he picked Black Python camo.
Mens-Multicam-Black-Camouflage-Suit-Hunting-Ghillie-Suits-Clothes-Python-Army-Military-Tactica...jpg

We'll have a pre recorded video up in a few days that shows TurboCharizard and I researching our characters, finding the armor files and setting out a plan of attack. Then tune in on Twitch next week May 8th (Wednesday 6pm PST) as we dive right into building live.

first sizing.png

Things to Make:
Helmet: __Marine_____ Scale []w__214_ []h_209__ []d _275__

Chest/Ab:__Army BDU___ Scale []w__363_ []h_613_ []d _351_

Underarmor:___Freehand__ Scale []w______ []h______ []d ______

Shoulder L: _Gungnir Variant_ Scale []w__197_ []h_267_ []d _70_

Shoulder R: _Gungnir Variant_ Scale []w__197_ []h_267_ []d _70_

Thigh L: __UA/NxRA____ Scale []w_220_ []h_320_ []d __64_

Thigh R: __UA/NxRA____ Scale []w_220_ []h_320_ []d __64__

Knee L: ___________________ Scale []w______ []h______ []d ______

Knee R: ___________________ Scale []w______ []h______ []d ______

Shin L: _Marine (without top)_ Scale []w_169_ []h_347_ []d _212_

Shin R: _Marine (without top)_ Scale []w_169_ []h_347_ []d _212_

Knife/Sheath:______________ Scale []w______ []h______ []d ______

_____________________________ Scale []w______ []h______ []d ______

Things to Buy (or make)

BDU Jacket + Pant:___Black Python BDU___

Hat:__none______

Boots:____________________________

Gloves:___________________________

Knees:__ Tactical Knee Pads _____

Pouches: _________________________

Last edited:
Industrial foam? where did you get that from? Is it denser or more resilient than standard foam?

Industrial foam? where did you get that from? Is it denser or more resilient than standard foam?

It was just my local foam supplier IR Specialty Foam
I went with a Y40 density (which is just a little denser than floor mats) and I choose a true 1/2" thick, which might be too thick.
Retail price for a 4'x8' sheet was $120, but once I set up an account with the company it dropped to $40. :oops:

The industrial part just means that you can select your density and it doesn't come with the floor mat texture.

There are also cosplay supply places online that you can order these types of sheets through.

Anymore progress on this?
Really? ... Really? :lol:

Well, yes. Progress has been slow. We've got almost 2 months till Anaheim ArcSol .. we got this.

I finished the base construction of the chest.
20190701_172724.jpg

Still needs a little tlc.

I also finished two knee bases tonight.
20190701_201737.jpg

I'm thinking with the American holiday coming up I'll knuckle down and build the shins, thighs and shoulders.

Thanks to TurboCharizard and CplYapFlip I did get to celebrate Canada Day in good fashion today. :cool:
20190701_183921.jpg

Sooo... here in the states we got pizza. Many types, but a pretty good one is mac n cheese pizza... wonder how that "delacacy" would taste on our holy food...

Maybe it's because WI borders Canada, but I wasn't that disturbed. The mac-n-cheese + hotdog = golden, + ketchup = ok if in the mood

I'd never had it. I prefer a pound of pepper in my mac, but ketchup was an interesting change. On top of that, Canadian ketchup is sweeter than I'm use to. They probably added maple syrup. Lol.

Those that have searched my threads know I share more than just building. It was only three years ago I was telling you my twin younger brothers graduated Highschool.

Last weekend we watched as one of them joined in marriage to a beautiful young woman. I am so happy for him! Here is a photo of ArcSol and I at the wedding.
20190629_211556.jpg

After watching Turbo do some wiring tonight on the Twitch stream I went ahead and purchased some parts.

There are some extras.

But I'm really happy to have found reasonably priced knee guards that look close enough to modify.

Attachments

• 1562210755458.png
    1562210755458.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 421
After watching Turbo do some wiring tonight on the Twitch stream I went ahead and purchased some parts.

View attachment 273163

There are some extras.

But I'm really happy to have found reasonably priced knee guards that look close enough to modify.
That Elegoo is going to be fun to play with! There's a bunch of good stuff in there that can be used for other projects as well with all the LEDs, buttons and diodes. The breadboard and jumper wires are perfect for prototyping though!

Have you considered recommending the Halo Loot Crate Sgt hat for one of the battle dresses? I'm probably going to use mine for a Halo 2 Marine build in Outpost Discover in Chicago.

Amazon.com: Sgt. Johnson Replica UNSC Military Hat - Halo Legendary Loot Crate: Clothing

For sure man! Use everything you can. The Sgt's hat is pretty easy to get ahold of for those that don't have a loot crate sub. Just Google halo marine hat. You'll find them on Amazon or Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back