Duke's Reach Army BDU - Military Counter Intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for playing the game my dudes!

And now as promised, everything ready for paint.

20190801_210828.jpg

20190801_211619.jpg

20190801_210502.jpg

20190801_211815.jpg

20190801_212332.jpg

20190801_210123.jpg

20190801_220237.jpg20190801_220258.jpg20190801_220631.jpg

Thanks Sean Anwalt PaiganBoi he4thbar TurboCharizard

Question: Arcsol here is not a fan of cosplaying without a mask. He also doesn't like how he looks with sunglasses. We were left with, ODST helmet (I vetoed), the marine space helmet (not enough time to blaze that trail), or doing our own thing.

So we picked up this goggles and half mask combo. Now he thinks he looks like a paintballer.. what do you guys think? How can we make it more Halo?

I did add a foam trapazoid shape above his eyes. It's common on the Marine sunglasses and Spartan visors.

The only other thought I had is to try to make it look like a rebreather, for when a planet's atmosphere is good but not great. It would explain why it's not a commonly seen mask. But I feel the giant goggles is what makes it feel like paintball.

Last edited:
Mesh has a good point but if you don't wanna do a bucket get him a thin half balaclava instead of the half mask. And either stick with the goggles or look for some cheap shooter shades.
And maybe he could use a 3m gas mask instead of a balaclava.

He's right, I thought it was a paintball mask at first not gonna lie.

Last edited:
Thanks Sean Anwalt PaiganBoi he4thbar TurboCharizard

Question: Arcsol here is not a fan of cosplaying without a mask. He also doesn't like how he looks with sunglasses. We were left with, ODST helmet (I vetoed), the marine space helmet (not enough time to blaze that trail), or doing our own thing.

So we picked up this goggles and half mask combo. Now he thinks he looks like a paintballer.. what do you guys think? How can we make it more Halo?

I did add a foam trapazoid shape above his eyes. It's common on the Marine sunglasses and Spartan visors.

The only other thought I had is to try to make it look like a rebreather, for when a planet's atmosphere is good but not great. It would explain why it's not a commonly seen mask. But I feel the giant goggles is what makes it feel like paintball.
Give me an extra day of print time and I'll have that lower section bashed out ezpz. The collar might be a bit of a headache on your part depending on packing constraints.

Military Police Spartan Helmet? It's basically a fully enclosed Marine bucket :p

I guess that is probably the proper name for it. But, in the game all marines wear that helmet when they are in zero g. That's why I call it the space marine helmet.

I didn't want to ask TurboCharizard to model a whole new part of the helmet in our time constraints... but it sounds like he just offered to anyway. You're a mad man! That would be awesome.

I did a thing.

1564812029540.png

1564812041589.png

1564812049930.png

Also did you know that there's like almost no references for the Military Police helmet out there? It's wild. The best one I found is what I am calling the "Cute Little Bug". I just hear little bwee noises coming out of this guy.
1564812101291.png

That music stand is pretty cool. It's probably about 25 years old.

This custom flack jacket route is a bit trickier than I thought. What have you got me into TurboCharizard !? I know, I didn't go your same route. The jacket to me looked like militarized rubber that had grooves pressed in. So the only way I could think of doing it was cut out the shape out of thick fabric, sandwich it, then sew around it.

Here's the inside (of the back):
20190810_160651.jpg

Here's the finished back:
20190810_215523.jpg

With my mom's help we've put about 9 hours in and we're probably 75% through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back