During the Break - Iron man Mk3 from top down (Helmet first)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the late response, "been busy as a bee with a bum full of honey" ;)
recently had a new additon to the family, so between work, sleep, and nappy changes I havent had time to check in as often as I would like, and progress on MK3 has slowed a tad.

Ironmang
The scriber is a standard tool that you can get from a hobby supply store, or hardware store....Imagine a solid steel pencil with a sharp point and thats what it is.
The dremel tools where actually Diamond tipped for etching/ingraving glass, tiles etc and are after market.

They normally comes in a pack of different sizes.

I hope that helps.

Regards
DT

Hey ColinJohn,

Funny you should ask, I have recently finished the neck master.

The principle is the same as all pep really, only In my case I will be making a Negative 2 part ultracal Mold and Casting in Latex, so we can bend our necks.

but basically.
I made DF's neck pep without the 2 detail pieces.
Then 3 light coats of poly resin (inside and out)
I used 300g chopped strand Matt in the inside 2 layers
and Surface tissue on the outside (thickness of tissue paper)

The normal Bondo method, small amounts at a time, with a 1" broad knife.
If you are not confident with your bondo application you can use some duct tape to mask each neck rib (if that makes sense to you)

then its the good old elbow grease, with sandpaper to tidy and get the result you want.
and dremel for the clean up of the side details.
prime/guide coat/fine wet sand/putty low spots and pin holes-rinse and repeat until your happy.
For a super smooth finish, buff the final coat of primer (helps with molding too)

Ill try and upload some shots from Home (at work at the moment) when I get some time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sorry i need the mark 3 back if n e 1 can help at all? Do all backs fit all chests ? I have mark 4 and 6 but only mark 3 chest just my luck lol ples help if u can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back