• bi monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
tlither said:
Thanks for the heads up Kensai. Hopefully we can let you know in enough time to get it done before you go to FL.

I'm a procrastinator but when it comes to work time I usually like to just sit down take 5 or 6 hours and knock it out all the way to perfection in one sitting. So I'll probably have each graphic piece done in one day that gets assigned. So even if I don't get to it now .. I'll definitely have it done by October. Oh also, little idea for this month's issue. With an October issue it really can't be complete without some Halloween goodness no? Spartan jack-o-lanterns, halo cookies, o my XD.

Cheers,
Kensai

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I like to hear Kensai! Devotion is great...when I get around to it. Yeah I can procrastinate also. How about Cortana on a broom? Halloween definitely needs to be in the first issue. Actually, since you brought the idea up...not necessarily a themed issue (since we aren't all in the U.S.), but recognizing all the holidays celebrated by the countries that our members are in? The major holidays (Halloween/Christmas/New Year) could be themed! Great idea! (y)

Tracy

Amazing idea guys. The thing that really appeals to me is that the first issue will be a Halloween one, from which we get most of our members. Anyway, if anyone has MSN (even AIM), please PM me with the details (Username/ID) or just add me:

MSN - adulese@hotmail.com
AIM - Adulese

Thanks guys.

- Adulese

Yep! Double Post!

Writers/Shoppers/Artists/everyone -

If you haven't gotten a PM from me send me one (Subject: E-zine), with your MSN info so we can talk. I will forward this info to Adulese. For the meantime (unless I'm overruled), I'll be covering the writing and part of the graphics editor positions.

tlither said:
Yep! Double Post!

Writers/Shoppers/Artists/everyone -

If you haven't gotten a PM from me send me one (Subject: E-zine), with your MSN info so we can talk. I will forward this info to Adulese. For the meantime (unless I'm overruled), I'll be covering the writing and part of the graphics editor positions.

You've got the "go ahead". Everyone, lets get cracking.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
You've got the "go ahead". Everyone, lets get cracking.

- Adulese

Aye aye Cap'n! Arrrrgh! :D

Couple of quick ideas for the zine, consider these 5am suggestions ;)

Some sort of contest to draw reader interest such as designing halo backgrounds, take a picture of you with the e-zine in the coolest place possible (it can be printed), coolest use for a master chief helmet (besides wearing it.... think outside the box, pc case mod, lunchbox, etc etc) the key to a good audience is making them feel involved. Kotaku does this kind of thing all the time.

WIP of the month, maybe a topic to keep your eye on, Example: Radgriz has a pretty sweet flamethrower going on right now, maybe do a little piece on the flamethrower for the month (this gets tricky because WIP can become obsolete or entirely finished that month so ...)

One thing I'd definitely like to see is the most unique halo themes suits, An example would be I know there was a Saints (gold) MC Suit, A Sean Bradley helmet recent was recently painted like the Buckeyes? (probably totally wrong on the team, I suck at sports) helmet. Things of that nature, I think it might pump some inspiration for people to be creative with their suits. I get SICK of the same old same old standard green Mark VI. Maybe if we shed some light on some of the cooler creations around here we might see a cool variety appear.

In equal sense I think we should at one point do an article on the Elite Showcase or at the very least try to cover the few who make it there at one point or another.

I feel like I had some thunder going and I lost it... oh well. That is all for now. My creativity is all tapped out for the day. If you guys have only seen what my day was like :cautious: . The main thing to remember is content is key. While the zine should be pleasant on the eyes it doesn't need to be flashy to the point of distracting. We have a chance to reach people outside the 405th, remember that when writing for people who may not know everyone on the forums or common armor making methods. Oh and don't misspell stuff, it looks bad and spelling nazi's like myself with notice it instantly. Oh and keep continuity, if you call it Pepakura don't later abbreviate it as pep. I have CDO which is kind of like OCD but alphabetical like it should be :lol:

/END EARLY MORNING RANT
Cheers,
Kensai

Damn, sort of missed this thread cos of holidays. Anyways, if you need layout assistance for a pdf version, I could help if help is required.
sry if this has been discussed in any way, haven't read thread full yet, loads of catching up to do.

edit: oh yeah, i do have previous works and a bit of experience layouting.

Kensai - Good ideas! Think we can use those. A contest of some sort was mentioned earlier I think. I'm sure Vex will see these and chime in about them.

TF - Layout is being done by Vex. Would have to run that by her. Thanks for the support.

last spartan im impressed with that flash there. the only issue i see as of right now is that i exported 2 pages as 1 so pages 2-3 are folded with pages 4-5. but wowo thats a great idea! easyer to read aswell! only issue i have is it doesnt keep transparency very well... well doesnt at all!

i had shown the design to vex before i had released it. she found it rather interesting as well

Perhaps with your help LastSpartan, we could do the flash version and a standard PDF. Final decision would be with the staff of course. I like the idea of the flash. Use an external link and not eat up bandwidth from the forum. Wider exposure as well.

hey people in charge of the zine--is this thread going to be the home of the zine where we communicate or is it just going to be via emails/pms or what? is this our homebase I guess im asking. or will it get its own forum section? juuuuust wondering!:)
---chris

Final location for us is undecided at this point. Vex is looking into us having our own "home" here on the forums. For now, we'll have to use PM and email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back