Easy question i can't find the answer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case i think i'l leave the shoulder pieces til last, if i have time i'l re-do them the way you suggested.

Unrelated, is there a way in pepakura to check that the Height/Width/Depth actually corresponds to what it says? As in a way to check that what is written as the width is actually the width of the chest piece, and that it hasn't been put together weirdly where what is written as width could actually be height etc? My measurements would almost half the width of the chest piece in the designer which is considerably more than i've had to reduce any other piece.

Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
Are you using pepakura 3 or 4? Because 3 didn't show height width and depth but pepakura 4 shows that.

I'm using 3, i had a bunch of problems trying to get 4 to work for me.

It's alright though, i realised you can measure distances between points so it's actually really easy to figure out whether the measurements are correct or not.

Just wanted to ask if you have any advice for this. There's a piece that isn't actually attached in my pep files. Do you have and advice on how to attach it? should i fibreglass everything and attach it after with superglue/body filler?
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The red part is what needs attaching on the shoulder pieces. This piece was going to be the first part i begin to harden since if i mess it up it's pretty fast to remake from scratch.

So one of my favourite parts about armor is the problem solving involved. Some of the common questions I ask myself during a build: How will these two parts attach? If I attach this part before the part it mounts to I'd finished, will I be able to finish all of the parts properly? When I layer these parts together, which seams will I be dealing with, and how can I minimize the way these seams are shown?

As far as pepakura parts go, let me use my EOD helmet as an example. I didn't go with the full filters/rebreathers, but instead with the slimmer modded style that can be unlocked in game. I actually ended up making these parts out of craft foam, as my helmet was already quite front-heavy.

Had I decided to glass those, though, I would have hardened, glassed, and finished them before attaching. Body filler and super glue aren't the best choices for adhering large parts together. Your better choice would be a two part epoxy adhesive, which is available at most hardware stores. It generally looks like a big syringe with two tubes.

Now adhesives aren't the only options. If you wanted to make the part removable or interchangeable, you could always embed bolts into the fiberglass of one of the parts, and drill holes through the other, allowing them to bolt together and be easily changed.

Just wanted to hop in and let you know i finished the project. Learned a ton, can do a much better job next time but i think it came out alright for a first attempt.

Forgot the pic

20171023_125113.jpg

awesome work man! Do you plan on doing any future builds?

Yeh this was pretty rushed, it was for a party a few days ago and i didn't know what i was doing so there's a lot i want to do better. Having a few days off and starting a new build next week i think.

Yeh this was pretty rushed, it was for a party a few days ago and i didn't know what i was doing so there's a lot i want to do better. Having a few days off and starting a new build next week i think.
Any ideas on what you want to do or is that a secret? Ill be keeping an eye out regardless!

Any ideas on what you want to do or is that a secret? Ill be keeping an eye out regardless!

I'm planning to work on a sangheili, i have a pretty good idea how it would be done. Gonna buy some clay to start modelling a face shape and see where it goes from there, i remember being terrible at working with clay when i was younger so i don't know how it will go.

I'm planning to work on a sangheili, i have a pretty good idea how it would be done. Gonna buy some clay to start modelling a face shape and see where it goes from there, i remember being terrible at working with clay when i was younger so i don't know how it will go.
I cant wait to see how it turns out, Covenant builds arent too common and the few i do see look amazing, cant wait to see what you come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back