edwardjlw's Halo 4 Master Chief - Scratch build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks AMAZING! Best Costume much deserved.

Dude, it's awesome to see this build finished up. It looks awesome, and congratulations for the contest.

Cheers guys :) Means a lot!

I can't believe I missed this build! I try to keep an eye open for others who were brave/dumb enough to use cardboard as a base material. Beautiful job! In the end, how did you do the visor and how well can you see through it?

The AR is sharp as well.

Redshirt

Haha thank you! Using cardboard has been... interesting to say the least... but I've learnt a lot from it. On future builds I'll probably go with foam or pep (depends what the build is). As for the visor, it's just an orange semi-transparent visor cut down to size. To give a more mirrored finish (So you can't see into the helmet) I LIGHTLY sprayed some chrome paint on the inside surface of the visor. I can see out just fine. It looks best in good lighting, but as long as no light gets inside my helmet you can't really see inside.

Congrats man. Bask in the glory of your accomplishment. it feels amazing to have finished a suit.

I really, really, really, love your paint job. I'm doing the Halo 4 MC armor build, but my character isn't the MC. (if you get what I mean). Anyway, I'm coming up to painting my helmet and have been dwelling over how to do it and your helmet has inspired me. Love it. Great work. I hope to get the same attention at my two up coming cons.

Congrats man. Bask in the glory of your accomplishment. it feels amazing to have finished a suit.

Thanks! Yeah, for sure, wearing that finished suit makes it all worth it :) I loved following the progress on your build as well, quite an inspiring first suit and it looks incredible!

I really, really, really, love your paint job. I'm doing the Halo 4 MC armor build, but my character isn't the MC. (if you get what I mean). Anyway, I'm coming up to painting my helmet and have been dwelling over how to do it and your helmet has inspired me. Love it. Great work. I hope to get the same attention at my two up coming cons.

Thank you for the kind words! I spent a lot of time on the paint job, and was really happy with it, so it means a lot to hear that :) Best of luck with painting your helmet, which looks amazing by the way! You did a much better job of pepping than my rushed attempt, and it's the HD version! awesome stuff! :)

I haven't been very active lately, but I've got some rough plans for the future. Since Supanova I haven't been working on anything, kind of just taking a little break from things. I've probably spent a little too much time in the sun, but it is nice to relax. At the moment I'm putting together some rough ideas for future builds. Now that I've finished my first suit and had the experience of wearing it, I'm planning to slow right down on my next set of armour and focus on the smaller details, and just generally finish it to a better standard. For a first time build my Mk VI looks pretty good (at least IMO :p ) but there are definitely areas where you can tell it was rushed, mainly because I was so eager to get it done and wear it. Quality will be a big focus next time round.

As far as what the next build will be, I'm kinda interested in pepping out my MP spartan. I don't really play games much at all these days, but I will always love Halo and I'm dying to work on something again! I'll probably start pepping out pieces when I get some spare time, and this time around I won't set a time frame I want to have it finished in. It'll be done whenever it's done :)

Thanks! Yeah, for sure, wearing that finished suit makes it all worth it :) I loved following the progress on your build as well, quite an inspiring first suit and it looks incredible!

thanks dude! I still cant believe I pulled it off to be honest. Just working on my 'armour safe' design now in which the suit will be stored. have a few ideas and once I have something finalized ill start a new thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back