Props Elecronic target for Boomco blasters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masky

RCO
405th Regiment Officer
I had the idea to build a target for kids (and adults) to shoot on the 405th booth we have for the european regiment on some cons. This could be a really fun interactive prop if I manage to do it right.
The basic idea is to make it look like one of those:

I plan to put in electronics to keep score and indicate when a target is hit, the targets will be the circles that light up in the video. I will cut them out and put either microswitches or vibration sensors behind them. Once a target is hit leds are supposed to light up behind it. Kids are supposed to have a fixed time to shoot and the final score should be displayed after that timer runs out.

The whole thing is supposed to be finished in roughly a month as I plan to bring it to a con there.

Today I took a screenshot of the brute and converted it to a useable picture with Gimp and Inkscape.
screenshot-2019.01.24-00.42.44.jpg
brute.png

I hope you dont mind I might be interested in doing something like this were doing a boomco interactive in the southern regiment

Thats looks giant compared in game but cant wait to see what you do

Thats looks giant compared in game but cant wait to see what you do
I'd say that the brute here is no bigger than 5 foot. In game, the ones are much bigger as they are larger than the spartan and your spartan is a hulking beast. I'd say this is small CD

It looks great and I cant wait to see how it ends up!

The angle of the picture of the papers just make it look huge. It does look great no offense given the target in game when compared to chiefs POV I guess the target total hieght in game is about 7ft. In my opinion.

But that's what's amazing about our community people run with there ideas and it all looks spectacular

Those are all A4 sheets. the total size of the target will be 180x85cm. In the game those are way bigger than a spartan, even the brute alone but this needs to be transportable. I split it in two plates of 90x85cm. Today I got to shaping and painting a bit. Tomorrow I'll add the brute, raised frame and the holes for the targets.
ae9c0ed6-a599-4e6b-8d22-16b6a59c8f5c.jpg 3f3e329c-f8e6-457c-a3e2-0b981c7058d0.jpg

Started the work on the targets. Did some CAD and printed a few parts. Those parts will be mounted directly on the wood behind the holes. The microswitch and plate will sit in a way where the plate can't swing forward and movement backward will activate the switch, there should be no play. the flaps are to mount leds.

fgdhjh.JPG
IMG_20190215_192003_107.jpg IMG_20190215_192034_944.jpg

Today I managed to make this bad boy stand free. Its pretty stable with just the back legs so I'll probably keep it this way. It folds nicely to make transport easier. Tomorrow I'll tackle electronics.
IMG_20190216_201903_917.jpg IMG_20190216_201851_608.jpg IMG_20190216_202008_492.jpg

Will the foam bullets have enough velocity to actually move the pad enough to activate the switch? Have you tested her out yet?

That`s a cool idea! Kids will love it for sure!
Your work looks neat, some audio features would make it even better though!
Imagine a Brute roar or an Elite`s typical "Wort, Wort, Wort!" as an indicator for a critical hit.
You can improve from con to con until you have a broad range of Covies to shoot at....

Maybe i`ll get to see it, depending on where you take it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back