Electronics, design, and other misc help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScarletOkami169

Welcome, SPARTAN,

i am here again this time beign serious about finalizing plans before i save up for supplies, i will be 3d printing my armour so if anyone can help with homework on that, that'd be great, my main issue is a voice modulator, im wanting to make one that makes me sound different like a voice changer but not sure how i can do it, or if it can be done, but all help is welcome, im also wanting all the lights able to be turned on, and i want the suit to be able to have the helmet as a option and not a requirement, i have different plans than most, any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: lastly i am wanting to plan somewhere to have on board water so i dont have to take off my helmet to hydrate, again having it work without the need of a helmet

You MAY be able to do that by means of a "Camelback" water pouch mounted in your backpack with the hose coming up through the neck seal. That might work.

Help keep you cool, too......

You MAY be able to do that by means of a "Camelback" water pouch mounted in your backpack with the hose coming up through the neck seal. That might work.

Help keep you cool, too......

thats the plan, the intake spouts that come over the shoulders, put a couple camelbacks, make a area in the neckseal to hide it

Consider this for a Voice speaker - TKTalkie

TKTalkie? is it just making me sound like im on a 80's radio or can i change the pitch of the voice?

I’m an electrical engineer so I might be able to help you out with the electronics :)

Helmet being an accessory isn’t a problem whatsoever, but it does bring up a major question:

Do you want a seperate power supply and/or switches (like I did in my odst helmet) or do you want to connect it to your suit’s system? Furthermore, if connected to your suit system, do you want it to be a quick release system so you can take off your helmet quickly (and put it back on quickly) or are you okay with a cheaper, normal connector?

I’m currently rebuilding the electronics in my suit to make it “smart” (automatic temperature control, display etc) so I got some good reference material!

Consider this for a Voice speaker - TKTalkie

Do yourself and your wallet a favor and do not purchase this. Extremely overpriced, and there are very cheap diy or even premade kits on ebay for a tenth of the price (with more features and options as well!)

These are better suited for cosplayers that want to be 100% authentic to the movie’s stormtroopers. Spartans and odst’s don’t have a specific voice and neither sound effects through

I’m currently rebuilding the electronics in my suit to make it “smart” (automatic temperature control, display etc)

...I can has?

Lol actually I am very interested in how you do this. Be sure to document it really well! Temperature control has always been in the back (or front) of my (sweat covered) mind.

"Alexa, power up my mjolnir suit... I'm going shopping!"

Last edited:
Do you want a seperate power supply and/or switches (like I did in my odst helmet) or do you want to connect it to your suit’s system? Furthermore, if connected to your suit system, do you want it to be a quick release system so you can take off your helmet quickly (and put it back on quickly) or are you okay with a cheaper, normal connector?

I’m currently rebuilding the electronics in my suit to make it “smart” (automatic temperature control, display etc) so I got some good reference material!
yeah i think thats it, the reason why is because my artist buddy LAz made some cool concepts for my character and im gonna need a seprate head as a mask, so thats why the helmet needs to work on its own, the power supply would go well with this, i would say more about my char but i feel like everyone already knows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back