Elite costuming

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl
XD

I'm sucky at robotics and stuff, but I'll give it a whirl. I might need to buy "Basic Robotics for Dummies" but, hey, it's for the sake of fun.

I guess I also need to learn how to walk on stilts. :eek

I just messaged this to Christi, but I thought I might repost it here for anyone else interested in this..

I've never done anything quite that elaborate. My best guess would be to make a full body mold with plaster gauze, and to build your costume up over that. Unless you're a wizard with a sewing machine and can pattern at a glance I suspect that may be a key factor in doing this.

As far as 'sculpting' or rather carving foam, I can offer a little knowledge. You can basically use some of that dense seat cushion foam that they sell in fabric stores.... you can also shape and carve it with *very* sharp tools. Theres a great episode of 'How it's Made" that shows how to do this... it's Episode 72: 'Traditional Bows/Coffee Machines/Mascots/Hammocks'... I can't find it online yet though....

As far as the stilts go, you might want to look into drywall stilts..... construction workers use them when putting up drywall on ceilings. They should sell them in hardware stores, and they're adjustable in size I believe. Think of them as very high heels. :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
How It's Made FTW

I remember that was the episode where they made the dragon mascot. It would definitely be a nice tut for this kind of project.

They're funny to have on, the only hard part about them is standing up and jumping around, but once you master them it would be alot of fun.

jumping stilts might actually be a good idea. :dancing:
then my elite can be graceful.
w00t.

first things first.
body.

:agree: but you gotta know how to use them before you put them into your Costume. What do you mean by body? :Steve:

it says you can make a 12 foot stride and leap 6 ft into the air

if you got a sword and started to jump around i think i would sh** myself

starfox64 said:
it says you can make a 12 foot stride and leap 6 ft into the air

if you got a sword and started to jump around i think i would sh** myself
lol, you could lunge people XD

Last edited by a moderator:
lol rofl superbounce by the way i think you should paint your elite gold go look in the halo universe in egm august 07 covers they look awesome (gold elites).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back