Possibly Underarmor
Special Boots (Maybe)

Costume itself:

Fiberglass
Bondo
Resin
-All of the above will be helpful

Teeth for the teeth ;-)

Some sorta gummy substance for the gums near the mouth.
Glass eyes maybe for the eyes
Claws for the hands?
Possibly the pepakura program?
Rubber?
Alien costume or something similar? Rubbery substance?

Feel free to add to this list in another post.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head :mrgreen:

Wire or plastic mesh "scaffolding"? Or whatever it's called.....

You make a wire frame for the body part and wrap the cloth around it.

FinAeros said:
Wire or plastic mesh "scaffolding"? Or whatever it's called.....

You make a wire frame for the body part and wrap the cloth around it.

Good idea, but she could get seriously cut. Not fun. I've had the same idea and it didn't work out to well. You would have to pay attention to how you secure it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah....

Which is why I mentioned plastic.... Less likely to cut you, plus there are polymers that are somewhat elastic but hold their shapes....

Gah. You'd think that since this deals with my major I'd know more than that. I'm trying to remember a specific type and failing. >,<.

DO you realize how heavy that'll be?
Not to mention hot. It'd be heavier and hotter than a Spartan suit.

Cause the alien would be fibre glass, then a guess a clothe, then... fibre glassed armor..
Can you say Holy Sahara? :eek

Sarge Christi said:
DO you realize how heavy that'll be?
Not to mention hot. It'd be heavier and hotter than a Spartan suit.

Cause the alien would be fibre glass, then a guess a clothe, then... fibre glassed armor..
Can you say Holy Sahara? :eek
Holy Sahara? :eek

Last edited by a moderator:
A single layer of cloth and resin on cardstock is actually very light. The ones I've made for my Mk V suit weigh less than a third of the solid resin NAS pieces I have.

But what about the polystyrene sheets? They're really light and easy to shape.

I wouldn't know how to fix the hot problem though. I don't think about it all that much as I love to go outside in Texas when it's 100+ out.

Maybe just make a light polystyrene skeleton (spine and rib method) that the cloth wraps across. It would be lighter than mesh anyway.

thanks, sean showed me this guys earlier in this thread, but it's always nice to have a refresher :mrgreen:

Adam already had recommend and posted this pics.

@Christi:
I would start with a few questions that are imported before making a Elite, like:
How do i get into the suite?
How do i want/will see?
How will be my body stand?
Do i want my jaws to work ? etc.

Then start drawing like a compulsive person...Most of the technical stuff you can figure out by drawing an normal logic.

About the making of the costume, I think the best way is to do a full body cast. The put padding on the cast and sculpt it ( Like Sean mention :mrgreen: ). I only have done this ones before for a kid costume, i dont know if you guys know the movie but it was Marvin form hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy.
marvin5uv.gif

If you need advice or something, just ask

of course. i have thought of those things. especially how will how i able fit it the cursed thing! haha.

Well the best way that i can think of so quickly is to do the costume in two parts. A upper part and an lower part. The upper part will go form the chest up and the lower part form the waist down. This means the abdominals have nothing of padding on.

So you step in to the lower part, and you slip in upper part.its nothing more then putting on parts and a jacket :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back