Elkrisp's Mark Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkrisp

Jr Member
I had one of these WIP threads about a year ago, but it's since been locked. :) After taking the winter off (unable to resin when it's 10 degrees out), I'm back at it.

One or two of you may remember my unconventional approach from last year. I decided to use electrical tape instead of glue to keep the pep pieces together.

Well, I threw conventionality under the bus again. Instead of using fiberglass, I'm cutting up old tshirts, soaking them in resin, and applying those to insides of the pep pieces.

I tried it on one piece, and it worked really well. It's sandable and structurally sound. So I'm continuing. We'll call it an experiment... A very time-consuming experiment.

wow first experiment to actually work. The tee's thing might save money if available. Nice work dude, keep the fire growing.

wow ive never heard of someone doing that before! interesting work im looking forward to seeing how this turns out!!

Thanks guys!

The cold temperatures this week slowed me down... It's taking forever for the resin to dry in some places (not enough hardener, methinks...).

Generally, how thick is a layer of fiberglass? I'm trying to decide how many layers I'll need to do. More than one, obviously. It's sturdy, but not to the point where I'd like it yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back