Emile Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That booty though, mad squats for days
pitcxgm-imgur.gif

Ok, (DAYS later) here's my build.
15808771559552133767062477929699.jpg

I thought the arm gasket deal would look better as foamies, sho I did not use regular EVA foam (I should have) but you can see the outlines of the pieces there. The way it's unfolded, that piece you were concerned about and the amount one just in front of it both share that upper piece, it looks like.

Fortunately my seams need work, so they're easy to decipher.

I hope this helps.

Dirt. My man!!! You have done one heck of a job! You are nailing this build. Need more!

Thanks.....I am still nervous about this build for some odd reason, despite the fact that every piece I add; looks right....fits perfectly.....is lined up w/ the other sides reciprocal piece, and doesn't warp the whole build.......go figure.

ok so here are the credits for all I have done and will do: All in foam and the templates are great!!!

• halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-bicep-foam.pdo
    Modeller: ForgedReclaimer Unfolder: L3X BLU3R1V3R Reunfold-Scaler: WandererTJ
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-boot-foam.pdo
    Modeller: Acenat and Ruze789 Unfolder: Spacemeat
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-chest-foam.pdo
    Modeller: L3X BLU3R1V3R and Ruze789 Armor Ability: carpathiah99
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-forearm-foam.pdo
    Modeller: Unknown Unfolder: ErMac Foam Unfolder: WandererTJ
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-glove-foam.pdo
    Modeller: WandererTJ
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-shin-foam.pdo
    Modeller: ForgedReclaimer Unfolder: HaloGoddess Scaler: WandererTJ
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-shoulder-foam.pdo
    Modeller: TheDigitalFix Unfolder: L3X BLU3R1V3R Foam Unfolder: Spacemeat
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-thigh-foam.pdo
    Modeller: ForgedReclaimer Unfolder: Spacemeat
  • halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-waist-foam.pdo
    Modeller: Unknown Unfolder: Spacemeat

OK so I have some BLARING mistakes......

IMG_0647.jpgIMG_0648.jpgIMG_0649.jpg

1) In the front, I have the 2 small sections on the wrong side.....they should be on the outside part not the inside
1.5) The square section that they are on was too far forward, but I cut it out and re-positioned deeper into the chest piece.
2) The arm holes are in the wrong spot which created that wide gap in the back. I can either fill it in or I can perform some foam surgery and re-position this part as well. Recommendations anyone?
3) I took into account the space created by the gap along the back section (across the shoulder blades) but not along that same line around the sides so now I have these triangular gaps which I have to fill in. The straight line gap will come later. I have a cutting wheel that is the perfect size.

The front part I'm not as concerned w/ as the rest since Emile has the add on chest piece, but I had thought to make that removable. The saving grace is that my cuts are clean and my seams are better than I expected with the contact cement. Going to keep pushing on. Son tried it on, slipped it over his head and fits nicely. I thought it would have to be cut and then "hinged" but he is very flexible and contorted himself inside despite having a cast on his arm. I'll need to get a pic of that....best way to get an outside opinion.

Attachments

• IMG_0647.jpg
    IMG_0647.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0648.jpg
    IMG_0648.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Indeed. We joke around as much as we build. Keeps the flies from landing on the thread to lay its eggs..... hate flies....hate eggs ....love jokes.....indifferent towards thread, but it makes nice clothing and stuff.
Also, the way dirt talks sometimes...sounds like, the salarian from mass effect, what's his name, Mordin! He sounds like Mordin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back