Emile helm in the making!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nova5269

First off, credit to vivalablake89 & Dirtdives for working with me on getting the files and putting me in touch with each other to get this project going. This is my first build doing anything with Pepakura and I think it came out really well! As the visor part is going to come for a little while now that'll have to wait but I am looking for tips on visors that I can see out of and but people can't see in. And since this is Emile I need to be the skull etching right but still be able to see through it.

More to come as I get it done!

Emile 1.jpg
Emile 2.jpg
Emile 3.jpg
Emile 4.jpg
Emile 5.jpg

This is more of an update and I have looked through the forums for tips on the resin, but any advice is always welcome as there is always something new to learn. Especially as a beginner!

Awesome work, its looking great so far hopefully you get some Pep pros to answer your question PerniciousDuke (cough cough). As far as the seeing out not many of us Emiles can see out of our helms very well due to the design, I think the skull pattern is very disorienting for your vision. Best attempts I've seen for a Emile visor attempt is mwmanus check out his build threads all his reach builds are amazing. Keep up the good work soon we will have an army of Emile's! Mwhahaha!!!

Nova5269, you're very welcome. Great job on the helmet. I'll be following this very closely as my son's next suit will be Emile's. And I will be picking your brain as well as vivalablake89's on how to do this suit. I agree that the helmet will be the hardest part. I think the only way to get this done is via vacuum forming it, but then again, I never built something like this so I may be way off base.

Nice work Nova! This looks like a great helmet to start out with pep on. Pretty detailed, but not in an overly-frustrating kind of way. o_O What kind of glue did you use?

Awesome work, its looking great so far hopefully you get some Pep pros to answer your question PerniciousDuke (cough cough). As far as the seeing out not many of us Emiles can see out of our helms very well due to the design, I think the skull pattern is very disorienting for your vision. Best attempts I've seen for a Emile visor attempt is mwmanus check out his build threads all his reach builds are amazing. Keep up the good work soon we will have an army of Emile's! Mwhahaha!!!

Ahh, yeah, I didn't think visibility would be good but I was hoping lol I will definitely check him out!

Nova5269, you're very welcome. Great job on the helmet. I'll be following this very closely as my son's next suit will be Emile's. And I will be picking your brain as well as vivalablake89's on how to do this suit. I agree that the helmet will be the hardest part. I think the only way to get this done is via vacuum forming it, but then again, I never built something like this so I may be way off base.

Thanks! I'd absolutely be willing to answer any questions as best I can.

Nice work Nova! This looks like a great helmet to start out with pep on. Pretty detailed, but not in an overly-frustrating kind of way. o_O What kind of glue did you use?

Thanks! I don't remember the brand but it was a superglue. It was a lot of fun to cut, fold and paste.

Nice work on the pep! looks like you got the size just right. i was thinking of going with a pilot helm before i decided on grenadier, but i couldn't figure out how i would do the visor short of vacuum forming it. what are your plans for the visor and the scratched in skull? cant wait to see more!

Cool. Super glue means, no fixing it now, but for future peps you'll want to make sure the tabs get glued to the inside. Like the circle parts on either side should have been put on the inside so you don't have to sand down all those little tabs. At least super glued paper sands a lot better than hot glued paper. I notice similar spots on the left side above that circle there are a couple more tabs sticking out. Try to cut them off if you can to get them flat before hardening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back