Emile Helmet Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

siten0308

Hello,

First off thank you for this forum and site, thanks to you, i am going to finish my armor this year and wear it proudly at comic conventions, thank you all.

QUESTION/ISSUE: I just created an Emile helmet, how do i create a glass/plastic or whatever for his mask/helmet that big? is there an easy way? a difficult way? i don't care i will do my best to make it, but wondering what is the best route to creating it? I don't care about making the skull on the glass, just don't know what material to use to make the glass shielding for the front part... i am lost and don't know what to use/do?

Thanks in advanced

Cool thanks for the quick reply, ya this is going take a lot of work... any other ideas anyone? just want to look at all my options, but so far Thanks Cha0sk, this does sound like what I would need to do for a nice helmet... but wondering again if there is any other options... sadly don't want to spend 200.00, especially if I am going to do this once... wondering if there if is a place that does this?

You could "possibly" buy a visor from someone who already makes those helmets. But theres no guarantee that they would fit your helmet.

Cool thanks for the quick reply, ya this is going take a lot of work... any other ideas anyone? just want to look at all my options, but so far Thanks Cha0sk, this does sound like what I would need to do for a nice helmet... but wondering again if there is any other options... sadly don't want to spend 200.00, especially if I am going to do this once... wondering if there if is a place that does this?
You can make one pretty cheaply if you already have a pretty strong vacuum (like a shop vac) and some woodworking equipment. You don't have to go so fancy as the actual table and such.

I just went through this exact issue on my own, and I spent probably 300 or more dollars making the visor- follow the link in my sig to see the results. If you used the same model helmet as me/same sizing, I could sell you one too I suppose, but that's a lot of ifs. Best of luck to you, this project took years off my life lol.

edit: decided just to add a pic.

2c29f8f3df6e8a802aded0c92e4fb41f.jpg

Attachments

• 2c29f8f3df6e8a802aded0c92e4fb41f.jpg
    2c29f8f3df6e8a802aded0c92e4fb41f.jpg
    748 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back