Emile's Visor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanMarx

I am working on Emile, but I don't know how to make the visor. I was thinking on vac forming but the plastic is lots of money. Does anyone know how I could do this cheap?

do what I'm doing. make the visor out of pep, then cut a window out and fit a gold visor in. for the skull make a sticker or scrape it in. maybe even paint it on

rvb18's idea is a good one that's been thrown around a bit, but if you want the full visor I'm going to go out on a limb and say that vac-forming is the only way you're going to get it... and even then, tinting it reflective gold is going to be troublesome.

I just got an idea. What if I cut a plastic visor into strips, and then kinda do what people did with the odst? Kinda like folding and guling a pep file.

This could work, although the finished product might not be very smooth... You would probably have "ridges" where each strip of visor is glued. Does this make sense?

As for the template, I don't know of any that have been made, you would probably have to make your own, or ask VERY nicely for someone to make it.

not sure if this will help but you could pep the whole thing strengthen it smooth/detail it and then cut it from the rest of the helmet cut it into smaller pieces (so its ike a 3d jigsaw puzzle, dont forget where they go) vac form them individually with some clear plastic (at the front) and opaque plastic (at the rear) glue them back together, paint the clear bit with niteshades tint paint, then the whole thing with gold paint and scratch out the skull face where the niteshades paint is so you can see through the eyeholes! or not, lol
charlie

Thorssoli has found a way to tint his vac-formed MarkVI visors with a slight mirrored effect. You should contact him about them. Maybe you could work something out for him to vac-form an Emile visor for you.

Does anyone know where I could find a Emile Skull template?

Here you go :)

reachskullbycrodr04.jpg

ya, you can here the grunts yelling DEMON!!!!!! RUN AWAY!!!!! already. and reach is still months away

I'd pep, resin, and either glass and bondo or rondo it, but make sure you know where the eyes are at and cut holes out and put something like glasses lens' in it's place to see and carve the skull out on the surface. I've had that idea for years

Personally I'd take that stencil, trace it onto the visor and use my knife to carve into the visor. It would look the best to tell you the truth.

to tell you the truth, the skull reminds me of a locust, not Ghost form MW2 as people keep trying to say. Ya take that all you "gamers" who think halo is a complete rip-off of COD, Firefigt is not a copy of nazi-zombies and you know it! Sorry about my fit of rage. BTW does anyone know how this would look on a MK VI?

to tell you the truth, the skull reminds me of a locust, not Ghost form MW2 as people keep trying to say. Ya take that all you "gamers" who think halo is a complete rip-off of COD, Firefigt is not a copy of nazi-zombies and you know it! Sorry about my fit of rage. BTW does anyone know how this would look on a MK VI?

I think you have to rremake that skull for MK VI helmet, 'cause angles of this skull is for globe-like visor.

I have been thinking about Emile's helmet for about a week and the visor would be the hardest part. To get the authentic look you would have to mold it, and yes the skull would need to be carved into it like Emile did his.

I've been looking at making an Emile helmet to, and for the visor I was looking to use vacuum form-able tinted plastic, right now though I cant seem to find a way to order small a quantity of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back