Ender06's Mk Vi Armor :d

Status
Not open for further replies.
nynjamasta said:
Thanks. Now i dont have to spend any mony on glue :D I am on a VERY tite budget becouse my parents made me go and buy a whole bunch of clothes with the money I had saved up for it :mad: 300 bucks down the drain.....
Bout the reisin haredner, you are saying that if you get a regular, say, gallon of it at home depo, it doesnt come with enough liquid hardener?

By cans of reisin, do you mean gallons or what?

sorry about all the questions, I just want to make sure I get it PERFECT.

Yeah its the big gallon jugs. And no it doesnt come with enough, prolly enough for around 2/3 - 3/4 of the can, though I may be mixing it wrong (shrug).

No problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
im working on almost the same armour looks good so far dude the helm is tight i cnt wait too finish mine good luck brosef

XxVxDUBxX said:
im working on almost the same armour looks good so far dude the helm is tight i cnt wait too finish mine good luck brosef

Thanks man :)

Update! Mostly lighting. I finally got the helmet visor fitted and painted, green is curing as I type this. Everything has been painted with green or is finished :) I have the back, thighs, and left shoulder wired up, going to work on the shins in a few....

Finally attached the belt to the harness, easy when the bet is made of hot glue. Yeah, the majority of the belt is made with the hotglue method, I wanted flexibilty in that area :) though the little square things on either hip are fiberglassed, the thing splits apart on the right side with magnets, there are also 3 sets of 2 holes I drilled for pins to hold the belt together when I'm in the armor.
IMG_1084.jpg

Got the detail work and visor fitted. Ended up using bondo/hot glue to seal the visor in place, I also added the visor details, double layer of card stock:
IMG_1088.jpg

Here are the shins completed waiting on LEDs:
IMG_1089.jpg

Helm with first green coat:
IMG_1090.jpg

Wiring of the back piece: the left battery pack powers the legs, while the right powers the chest/shoulders. You can see the shoulder connections up top, and the left and right leg connectors on the bottom, one of the switches i accidentally drilled the hole slanted, so that one is slightly retarded...
IMG_1107.jpg

The four switches that control the lights; (left to right; shoulder, chest, left leg, right leg) why four? because I can! haha:
IMG_1094.jpg

Testing of the back lights:
IMG_1093.jpg

Wiring of the thigh lights.
IMG_1105.jpg

Testing of the thigh lights:
IMG_1102.jpg

Thighs happily completed (sans buckles):
IMG_1106.jpg

Gonna wireup the last of it tonig-... this morning, before taking a nap and working on the strapping system/helm.

Oh I'm sorry I wasnt able to get any pics up of how I made the lenses for the lights but heres a quick explanation, I took plexi glass and cut out the shape I needed, and sanded the burrs and flakes off of the piece. I then did what is called flame polishing, and melted the edges that were sanded down to make them clear. I then took 100 grit sandpaper and ran it across the surface that I wanted to reflect light... thats a quick and dirty on how I made the lenses it's not that hard. The flame polishing technique takes a bit to get used to, but provides great results as you can get glass smooth surfaces without going to a polishing wheel/buffing compound.

Ender06 said:
Hi all, I've known about this place for a few months now, but finally signed up during xmas time when the registration was open. I've been working on the HD Mark VI armor for just under a week now. Figure I should upload some pics.

Here's the helm, I'm remaking it with FlyingSquirrel's model. I also got the visor in today, but no pics of that.
Helmfront.jpg

And here's me! o_O
meinhelm.jpg

Chest armor is basically done, I'm splitting apart FS's armor into 2 sections, chest/back and abs. After looking at reference pictures I found out that the lower ab piece thats attached to the armor is actually free moving against the chest armor, so I'm going to make the ab armor slightly smaller and extend it up, so the abs are free floating from the chest.
Chestfront.jpg

back:
backchest.jpg

side:
chestleft.jpg

Detail of back:
backdetail1.jpg

backdetail2.jpg

The little oval raised part (where the hole is) was WAY too hard to cut out and glue, so I'm just going to build it up with paper, resin, and bondo later:
backdetail4.jpg
yea it looks relle clean to me

Ender man, what more can I say that has not already been said by so many before me.

Absolutely great work, for a rush job as you say that is some mighty fine work! And for a project starting with HD gear and having it all come together so well is amazing.

The weathering is extreme so people will know this spartan dont mess around.
Love the way you have gone the extra mile with the electronics and dude when you get the whole set completed I am so going to be keeping an eye out for your next project!

Lets hope I have such a natural talent like yourself when I get further along in the process, with this crappy rainy melbourne weather atm all I can really do is pep, or else my resin just wont work properly in this cold.

Hey man. It was good seeing you at Akon. I had fun hanging out and taking pictures together. Thanks for all of the tips on how you did your armor. Hope that Cortona is doing okay and that the drive back goes well. See ya!

Master Camulos said:
Ender man, what more can I say that has not already been said by so many before me.

Absolutely great work, for a rush job as you say that is some mighty fine work! And for a project starting with HD gear and having it all come together so well is amazing.

The weathering is extreme so people will know this spartan dont mess around.
Love the way you have gone the extra mile with the electronics and dude when you get the whole set completed I am so going to be keeping an eye out for your next project!

Lets hope I have such a natural talent like yourself when I get further along in the process, with this crappy rainy melbourne weather atm all I can really do is pep, or else my resin just wont work properly in this cold.

Thanks man! I hope yours turns out better than mine :)

WRising said:
love the work! amazing amount of craftmanship put in this! keep it up so we can see it finished, its going to look great!

UNSC Spartan said:
Wow! I hope my armor turns out as good as yours :)
I'm sure it will, considering this is one heck of a rush job, the amount of "eeeeehhhhh, there *hot glues something to the inside of the armor* was insane... O.O )

moonwildflower said:
Hey man. It was good seeing you at Akon. I had fun hanging out and taking pictures together. Thanks for all of the tips on how you did your armor. Hope that Cortona is doing okay and that the drive back goes well. See ya!
Nice meeting ya too :) I was suprised we could do the can-can dance in the armor, I loved your friends walk too haha.
I'll get a lighting tutorial up soon (I hope), im going to remake the armor from head to toe, this time doing it properly.

HaloFreakX said:
Nice work on the suit, looks Reeaally nice!
Thank you :)

Alright, I have a few pics of the armor completed, not on me sadly (others have that, and I have to wait for them to upload), but here are the pics of the armor laid out in the garage.

IMG_1175.jpg

Both straps broke, funny enough, the jbweld held out better than the straps did haha:
IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

IMG_1184.jpg

i'll get some pics of me and cortana at the convention soon :)

Edit: I found a pic of myself in the armor (still waiting on one of me and cortana): (photo credit, savvytank)
Left - kataroo;, Middle - Moonwildflower; Right - Me
l_52c7f89d659f46caaf2383c28d596172.jpg

That was one EPIC build! The suit looked awesome. I do however love the pic of the armor laid out and the box in the background that reads "Look for concealed damage"

moonwildflower said:
Mmm. Those are some good looking spartans. lol
Stupid hair...
Ohh yeah :D

Drgnfyre4 said:
That was one EPIC build! The suit looked awesome. I do however love the pic of the armor laid out and the box in the background that reads "Look for concealed damage"

Haha, I didn't even notice that XD

I found a pic of me with my Cortana :)

We didn't have enough time to airbrush her completely, the designs are improvised and very rushed... >< shes wearing a strapless bra and panties... and paint ;)

untitled.jpg

all of there armor looks better in RL. i have one more pic of you guys with out your helms on that i can post. sorry i dint take more but i ended up with over 200 pics from the con and was running low on memory.

heres one with out the helms.

[attachment=9634:100_1856.JPG]

Ender06 said:
Thanks man! I hope yours turns out better than mine :)
I'm sure it will, considering this is one heck of a rush job, the amount of "eeeeehhhhh, there *hot glues something to the inside of the armor* was insane... O.O )
Nice meeting ya too :) I was suprised we could do the can-can dance in the armor, I loved your friends walk too haha.
I'll get a lighting tutorial up soon (I hope), im going to remake the armor from head to toe, this time doing it properly.
Thank you :)
Alright, I have a few pics of the armor completed, not on me sadly (others have that, and I have to wait for them to upload), but here are the pics of the armor laid out in the garage.

IMG_1175.jpg

Both straps broke, funny enough, the jbweld held out better than the straps did haha:
IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1177.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1181.jpg

Edit: I found a pic of myself in the armor (still waiting on one of me and cortana): (photo credit, savvytank)
Left - kataroo;, Middle - Moonwildflower; Right - Me
l_52c7f89d659f46caaf2383c28d596172.jpg
Sz for such an old quote but how could you kill the cheif and take his armor how could you:lol: :lol: Sweet look mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back