Entry-Level Costumes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand your position on Canon, but it's kind of difficult to make work in a club of this nature.

In one of the novels, it described someone picking up a mug. It simply said "she lifted her mug of coffee".
So now, that mug is canon. We have no idea of what it looks like, other than it MIGHT be futuristic, contains coffee, and is liftable.

So in theory, if everyone decided to have a mug as a prop for their costume, it could be any color/size/design and maybe have blinking lights on it, cabbage patch kid logos, or be totally transparent or something.

This is Non-canon material because we can't confirm what it is supposed to look like. The club itself requires the canon material because at a "formal" event we want to look at least moderately consistent, rather than having everyone's ideas conflict with everyone elses.

Here's the brass tacks though.. non-canon costumes will likely be admitted into the club... they just can't be used for membership approval, nor worn at anything deemed to be "formal" like if Bungie did some kinda' TV thing and wanted us to be there in-force for publicity purposes. Anything else? sure, it's totally welcome.. It might look odd and unusual, but I assume that's part of the point, and really kind of up to the costume itself.

I respect and also see what you say sir...

I Hope My costumes In the near Future gain acknowledgment, I will be making them as i say, as true to form or description as Humanly possible.

EDIT:...Heres a Quick Example of How I like to keep things relatively accurate...

My USCM Rifleman Canon Costume as it was in 2004..
picture108zl4.jpg

And here is a costume thats as Close to USCM Shotgunner Canon from fiction as posible, that was accepted as a pretty good costume.
picture117wy2.jpg

Although the shotgunner is not seen par-say In films It still looked good enough to be part of an event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back