Episode Ii Clone Trooper Helmet Pepakura

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuKoNu

Jr Member
CloneHelmetPicture.jpg

Alright, alright. Here is the Episode II Clone helmet I have been working on. The model was ripped from Republic Commando, but unfolded by me. It is set to the default height of 30 cm. Fits well, nice helmet. Fairly accurate, however a few bumps that need smoothing. I have made the helmet already, and it turned out quite well. As always, I would really appreciate some build pictures. Hopefully this should stimulate other people to start making some Clone pepakura files. Enjoy.

*Dowload Here*

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag8ge6d/n/...elmet_FINAL_pdo

Recently I have been making pepakura files of full scale Firearms. I think they are quite good. I am considering starting up a blog or site and selling them, like Skip. Let me know what you think. Each file would be around $10. So far I have completed a VZ-61 Skorpion, a P90, an Intratec AB-10, a Walther WA 2000, and an FN FS2000. All of these files are 1/1 scale and have been test built by me.

Nice work on the unfold. I'm adding this one to my collection. As far as starting up a blog or something like that goes, you have to be careful. Ripped files like this one are typically looked down upon because it's basically stealing someone else's work, but since you're not charging for it, it's marginally more acceptable. If you start selling files, you definitely need to do the 3D modeling yourself or get that whole "express written permission" from the original artist. Now, you didn't say anything about that, so for all I know, that could have been your plan. If the work is original or you have permission from the artist, then I say go for it. Skip MIGHT even like a little competition. It's what makes this free market economy work.

Best of luck with that.

like the helm and this is a noob question what does it mean for something to have a 1/1 scale

It means its life sized.

Great helm!! downloading now!!

-Pony (y) (y) (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Malechei said:
Nice work on the unfold. I'm adding this one to my collection. As far as starting up a blog or something like that goes, you have to be careful. Ripped files like this one are typically looked down upon because it's basically stealing someone else's work, but since you're not charging for it, it's marginally more acceptable. If you start selling files, you definitely need to do the 3D modeling yourself or get that whole "express written permission" from the original artist. Now, you didn't say anything about that, so for all I know, that could have been your plan. If the work is original or you have permission from the artist, then I say go for it. Skip MIGHT even like a little competition. It's what makes this free market economy work.

Best of luck with that.

Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand. I would not be selling any of my helmets, and the only files I would be selling are the ones I have completely designed by myself in a 3D program. I probably would only have the gun models on my site, and I have made all of those entirely by myself.

ChuKoNu said:
Thanks for the reply, but I think you misunderstand. I would not be selling any of my helmets, and the only files I would be selling are the ones I have completely designed by myself in a 3D program. I probably would only have the gun models on my site, and I have made all of those entirely by myself.

Yeah, like I said, for all I knew, that could have been your plan anyway. In that case, go for it. You know there's a market here for it.

I finished building the helmet. It turned out quite well. Here are some pictures of the finished helmet.

P6031014.jpg

P6031016.jpg

P6031015.jpg

P6031017.jpg

Remeber if you build this yourself I would very much appreciate some build pictures.

Wow, I've been looking for a Star Wars helmet for quite a while, even though Skip has his, I wasn't able to buy any of his files, so thanks for this.

ArgetArduna said:
Wow, I've been looking for a Star Wars helmet for quite a while, even though Skip has his, I wasn't able to buy any of his files, so thanks for this.

That's how I am. I started building yesterday and it is AWESOME!

I finished building this yesterday,and you did a very nice job! But did any one have the problem that the width was fine but the length was a little to long? Nice job man!

bilsy28 said:
I finished building this yesterday,and you did a very nice job! But did any one have the problem that the width was fine but the length was a little to long? Nice job man!

Personally, I thought it was fine. You could turn down the height in Pepakura Designer if you wanted it to be shorter though.

ChuKoNu said:
Personally, I thought it was fine. You could turn down the height in Pepakura Designer if you wanted it to be shorter though.

thanks it was only like .o5 to long

For some reason i cannot open this in Designer 2 but when i open the designer 3 i cant print preview it or print it any suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back