Fallout 3, The Brotherhood of Steel Helmet DONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn696

Sr Member
Fallout 3 Brotherhood of Steel Helmet

100_3234_zpse9b1bf81.jpg

th_155948_3927222947941_1123983685_n.jpg[URL=http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i376/thorn696/Fallout%203%20Brotherhood%20of%20Steel%20Helmet/?action=view&current=18109_3927223187947_1464116172_n.jpg]th_18109_3927223187947_1464116172_n.jpg[/URL]
Pepakura file by
Josh Jay
http://www.4shared.com/file/PGIzojP_/BoS_Helmet.html

This is a 3-4 month build for a friend. I will be working on it 8-10 hrs a week and of course posting allot of pic's. I have some awesome Reference Pic. By Josh Jay whom also did the file for his build. :D

The person that wants this helmet has given me artist interpretation to create a one of a kind helmet for him, so I will not be matching the ref pic exactly. :cool

So sit back and enjoy the view as I Start my journey in to the World of Fallout 3.

Welcome to the Brotherhood

Day 1 of the build.
th_IMAG1032.jpgth_IMAG1033.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like it's going to be an awesome and tough build all at the same time. Subbed for sure!!!!!!!!

This looks like it's going to be an awesome and tough build all at the same time. Subbed for sure!!!!!!!!
Thank you Spartan_127

This weeks 11-27-12 update.
th_IMAG1034.jpgth_IMAG1035.jpg

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build......;)

Till Next time.

Don't let your dreams fade away...
Build something....
And remember them Forever.

Weekend update for 12-03-12

Added ridge line and front ports
th_Untitled.jpgth_IMAG1042.jpgth_IMAG1040.jpg

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build......;)

Till Next time.

Build something....

This looks great so far, cant wait to see the finished product! Brotherhood of Steel was my favorite faction to play in Fallout 3 and New Vegas!

This looks great so far, cant wait to see the finished product! Brotherhood of Steel was my favorite faction to play in Fallout 3 and New Vegas!

Incredibly excited to see how this turns out! Best of luck looks great so far!

Holy conoly, Thorn!!!! That looks awesome. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

Looking great so far Thorn!

Thank you everyone :D

Today's Update for 12-10-12

1. Added Top plate
2. Added Nose ports
3. Gave it a base coat of Smoothcast 321

th_100_3203.jpgth_100_3202.jpgth_100_3201.jpgth_100_3200.jpgth_100_3204.jpg

Next weekend I will be smoothing it all out and enlarging the top along with another coat of Smoothcast 321. :cool

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build......:D
Till Next time.

Build something....

Top notch as always, Thorn. Awesome looking job. You leave me wanting more. :p Keep it up man. This is going to look great!

Top notch as always, Thorn. Awesome looking job. You leave me wanting more. :p Keep it up man. This is going to look great!

Any recent progress? also are you planning on making casts?

looking great buddy, been a fallout fan since the first game! subscribed to this one :)

Thank you everyone. :D

Time for the weekend update for 12-17-12

Added 3 coats of Drywall mud to smooth out the lines and box of the top.
Added 3 coats of Smooth cast 321
Basic shape is now done and ready for adding the detail work.

Time for the pic's :cool
th_IMAG1050.jpgth_IMAG1049.jpgth_IMAG1045.jpg

th_IMAG1061.jpgth_IMAG1060.jpgth_IMAG1059.jpg

th_IMAG1057.jpgth_IMAG1056.jpgth_IMAG1053.jpgth_IMAG1066.jpg

And as always, Please feel free to leave any and all input, comments, criticisms, and/or suggestions. Or You're just stopping in to say High. Please do For they are all most welcomed and appreciated. (they also keep me from triple posting.) Thanks for watching my build......:D
Till Next time.

Build something....

Everything is looking AWESOME as always, Thorn. I do have one question. I didn't see a place made for the thing I circled in green in the pic below.

th_ThornsFalloutPic.jpg

Are you planning on putting that part in during this process? I know nothing about Fallout. Never played that one either. Was just going off of your first reference pic in the beginning of the thread. Either way, this looks awesome and can't wait to see your next update. Keep up the great work.

Everything is looking AWESOME as always, Thorn. I do have one question. I didn't see a place made for the thing I circled in green in the pic below.

th_ThornsFalloutPic.jpg

Are you planning on putting that part in during this process? I know nothing about Fallout. Never played that one either. Was just going off of your first reference pic in the beginning of the thread. Either way, this looks awesome and can't wait to see your next update. Keep up the great work.

I will be adding most of the parts on the ref pic. in this the next detailing phase. I will be changing some of them up in shape and/or size, but all the add-on's will be there as well. :D

I will be giving the over-all helmet about 4 more coats of Smoothcast 321 once all the add-on's are in place to seal everything and round them off.

I'm about 1/8 of the way done on this project, So there is a long way's to go yet. :cool

Side note: The bracket, lights, tubes, etc. will be in different parts and be removable.

Any recent progress? also are you planning on making casts?
This will be a one of a kind when done. That said. If I do any castings of this helmet. The over all helmet will be the same, but the add-on's will be what makes each one different.

I'm thinking about casting it on a limited run for a charity :cool
So if I have this helmet cast, it will be found on the Stony Props page. I will probably do 3 different Charity Helmets for this next coming year :D

Note on any Charity helmets that I personally do I may do 3 or 4 extra pulls to cover molding cost but I will keep that number very low. I like making 1 of a kind items, Artist renditions if you will. Painted and signed.

Stony Props.:D Link--> http://www.facebook.com/StonyProps

Ran into a slight snag on this build. I did the base exactly to measurement for my friend never thinking of the size for others. The sizing is a Med-Large or just a little over hat size 6. For a casting most people I believe would need a size 7-7.5 Large so I have to see if it would work for casting. I may just have to do the Charity helm from one of the next 2 builds. :(

Yeah. I think with that size being small, most of our melons wouldn't fit in it very comfy like. :p The charity deal sound like a great thing though. Keep it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back