Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% acc.!
If you just think about the Warthog and the work thats after it.
I'm close to say: "I would wait forever" if the result is what the already shown is promising!

yeah um like yeah its in VFX now yeah at the mo yeah. gonna have to wait a few more months for the trailer.

- example. Batman begins suit alone took 9 months with a huge team of dedicated sculptors, moulders, casters, finishers and painters and cost 1.5 million sterling to make! ... YEAH!

wow dude that should be awsome it would be sweet if you jacked up the suspension like the real warthog but even if you dont it should be sweet!

That warthog needs a 3" suspension lift, you could just use some body blocks to lift it up, but if you welded the skeleton to the frame you need to do a much more painful and expensive task of installing larger suspension, maybe pull some bigger springs off an older Defender, they have been known to raise up pretty high, otherwise, use suspension blocks, but be cautious on how you use them.

As for the warthog itself, nice touch, needs some work on the interior being better coordinated, but its a very good start!

Now, as for the armor and weapons I have seen made, nice work, but those Spike Grenades have fins that are too large, they need to be about 8" long and have a 4" downhook on them. The general size of the grenades are good though.

Oh, and when your filming, buy empty 30-06 casings and have them fly out of the guns, large shell, and projectile, will make it more realistic.

And please rememeber to use a theme song, I have one that was made for my team I'd be more than happy to donate (its an orchastra/chorus mixture), it is 100% original (about 4 minutes long).

I am a camera man, script writer, and apparently a good detail worker, so if you need any cinimatic advice, just ask me.

wow guys! i have been a member scince this started and it is looking awesome. wish i could help in some way. fantastic work guys!

I hope you guys make this before 2012.I wouldnt want something to happen and have this not get done.And when i say something i dont mean doomsday.Cuz thats a lie.And dont start a discussion about 2012 lolz. :) OPERATION CHASTITY FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< _/,,/

Hey guys - been a while, and I apologise for neglecting this thread for so long.

As Ed says, we're hard at work on post production following the shoot we did in July. Lots of CGI, and all top drawer stuff, so please bear with us. :)

Ranger Jean - since those last photos you will have seen, the Warthog has been lifted by 5" total. We did not use real casings on set (as an aside, why 30-06? Surely 7.62 would be better seeing as how it is chambered in that calibre?) and casings will be added in post.

Hang in there guys - we're still at it, making something that we know you guys will love!

Pete

aww... if the trailer is taking this long, (no offence intended) then i can't bare to wait till the end of the whole film..... it will be finished in like 2014, because it has taken six months for a short, how long for a full?

oh, also just the occasional weekly "hey there! progress is good, finised soon!" would be good..

all that aside, i admire the effort of the work you have put in and the standard so far :) keep it up! (but don't work too late :p)

We have filmed the promo - a full feature would probably take upwards of 3 months to film, let alone the rest. It's hard work, so please bear with us!

We're hoping to get a newsletter out with lots of juicy info. To sign up, head on over to operationchastity.com - for those already signed up, sorry for the delays!

sorry to bother you, but i signed up and i never recieved th november newsletter? i tried signing up again but it says that i already am....maybe it's just my email system though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back