Farris IM mark 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farris

Farris Ironman Mark IV WIP

Yep, it's another IM pep thread. Just getting started on this after taking a year long break. Using the Samuray helmet with the Robo armor pack. Pictures at the bottom. As of this first post, I'm about 90% done pepping the chest as well but didn't want to post those pictures yet.

Just a few stupid questions for anyone that knows about the IM files.

1. I'm 6'2". As far as I know, these files "should" be pretty close to the right scale for me. Is this true?
2. Does anyone make any arc reactor kits, or should I fashion my own?
3. Is the brace piece really necessary, or could I get away without it?
4. How am I supposed to get my head into the neck seal? Just make it 2 separate pieces and hinge it?

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0095.jpg

IMAG0094.jpg

IMAG0093.jpg

Chest is put together now. Haven't installed the supports so it looks a little lopsided. But that'll be evened out before I resin.

IMAG0098.jpg

Congrats on the progress so far. I'm currently trying to finish up my mark 3 so I know what ur going thru. Anyways to answer ur questions. Yes the suit is scales to fit u but it u have a large head or bigger chest ect u may need to adjust some parts. I did the same helmet u did and it's pretty tight. 6 inches wide inside not including ear pods. Second theres a member on here named troubleis (theres some numbers after his name i cant remember them right now.)that makes an arc reactor kit. Now in my opinion the u can work around the harness piece. I'd probably save that for last. Well I hope that helps.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. I "tried on" the helmet before gluing the front to the back and it seemed to fit so I'm gonna go with it for now. Last night I took another look at the brace and decided I wanted to go ahead and build it. It adds a layer of depth to the build and helps me position the chest a lot easier. I'll update this post with pictures of it with and without the chest in a little bit as soon as I finish getting it together.

Won't let me edit the post so here are the pictures. I've included pictures of the front and back of the brace, me wearing the brace, and me wearing the brace with the chest attached.

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0100.jpg

IMAG0101.jpg

IMAG0102.jpg

Here are some shots of the back after putting supports in. It's starting to come together. Just trying to get enough pieces put together before the weather really gets cold so I can get some stuff glassed before winter.

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

Now... the right bicep. Not too pleased about how this piece came out, but it should even out once I put some supports in it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might get the valleys in the front to not be so open? I think they're supposed to be more condensed/deeper.

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

A quick pointer Farris... I'm making the same suit and found myself remaking peices. With your chest and back peices, Im flipping the supports so the point is facing inwards. You'll have to swap them from left to right too. Then i'm putting the chest and back together before I fiberglass/bondo it. I found the part where the two connect tends to warp and may not line up so well if you do them seperatly.

Also, I MAY be making some sort of setup for an arc reactor. i found a real easy and cheap way to wire things up. I'll try to keep you posted on that. As for needing to scale anything, my suit parts fit perfectly and I'm 5'10"...but since you've already got so much done, I'd go 4 it and hope 4 the best.

I've been busy recently after a long break. Going for the marathon before Dragon*Con again. With just under 2 months to go, I'm pushing the time limit. But I've got quite a bit done. So far, everything is scaled perfectly right out of the box so I'm going with it as is. I've redone the chest and back (using a sturdier unfold for the back) and am using a different model for the helmet. Everything that I have done, minus the helmet (90% together) hands and abs, is pictured. Started on the left shin already. I apologize for the mess... My workshop (which itself is still under construction) was the only place with good light that I had space to lay out my parts at 2 AM the other day. And I spent all of 15 minutes with some scotch tape attaching the parts to each other to make it all lay right. I have all of the electronics ready to go. Including my voice control and servos for the faceplate and lights. Just need to design some good hinges. Any comments are welcome.

IMG_20110704_014948.jpg

Just a quick update. New helmet and the rest of the left leg is together. Starting to get some stuff fiberglassed tomorrow while I start working on the right leg.

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back