Fartbuttface Is Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are parents out there that don't own guns and therefore probably don't teach gun safety other than don't touch them. I had similar parents. I learned about gun safety through the local Scout Troop. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have know unless I asked or was taught about it in school.

This case is completely different of course. This kid obviously had access to a gun and whether he knew better or not(which it sounds like he might have), this was a lack of the parents teaching their kid about the importance of gun safety and why you should always practice it.

To this day, I'm still somewhat nervous handling a gun even if I took the clip out, checked the chamber, and put the safety on myself.

A sad story, life should never be that short.
I can now only hope that jack Thompson doesn't latch onto this in an attempt to once again "blame the game"!

23Magnum said:
To this day, I'm still somewhat nervous handling a gun even if I took the clip out, checked the chamber, and put the safety on myself.
I know what you mean... The feeling that you are holding something that could potentially 'kill' someone, isn't something that you just get used to. I've grown up around guns, and (Well, I used to) use them quite frequently, but I've never been able to get over the uncertainty of handling one. When someone else has one, it only gets worse... If someone else has it, I just feel uneasy, even if I completely trust the person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who the hell is FartButtFace?

To me it seems like once again the fault of the parents. They should have had the guns locked up, unloaded, and with safety turned on. If that is too hard to do then don't have a gun, better yet don't have a kid. The parents should have had a chat with the kid, take the gun without permission would get a square kick in the ass, Halo 3 isn't real, and guns are bad...until you hit 16. I bet there will be people blowing this out of proportion saying it has to do with Halo 3 Game Violence which to a minor degree yes but I still blame the parents.

KNOW HOW TO HANDLE A GUN BEFORE USING ONE!

this is tragic... but it could have easily been avoided. without saying the same thing as everyone else "teach gun safety if you have a gun in the house" i think its important for everyone to know how to safely handle a gun, and know the dos and donts... just because you dont have a gun in the house doesnt mean your kid doesnt need to know, what if he goes to a friends house and they do have guns? how many times has this also been the case?

just out of curiosity, what on earth was the scene he was re-enacting from halo?!! in what part of the entire trillogy did anyone point a rifle at their own head?! there was no reason to mention the game, its like saying '...he was a big fan of hellboy and is thought to have been re-enacting one of the scenes from it...'

i realy feel tempted to just slag the child and his parients but, as rob said, this is sad, i feel bad for the parients.

"...i just felt the world get lighter..." - bill hicks

Putting a gun to your head is stupid enough, but for "Dramatic Effect" he actually pulls the trigger. which is stupid considering youre the only one watching...
Even if you had it completely empty, you made sure 50 times, and put it on safety, i sure as hell wouldnt ppoint it towards myself.

Im starting to believe this is fake, what parent lets their own child handle a gun... AND have it loaded. stupid, plain stupid.

But... Its a strange world, so im also believing it was true, If he did i am very very sorry. but it is generally the parents fault, for letting their child play a game with a higher age limit on it. having a gun in the house, and not teaching your child to shoot himself.

Im tempted to make a joke about the cardboard armor protecting him, but i dont think this is the right time or moment.

Even so, i am very sorry for what happened, but its not halos fault, when did Master Chief put a Gun to his head?...

Im sorry, i just noticed, How the HELL did he pint a .22 Caliber rifle to his head, AND manage to pull the trigger, its technically impossible unless your arms were huge, .22's arent small guns...

EDIT: This isnt Fartbuttface. Its "Halo kid"

The armor is different,
fartbuttface doesnt live in Wisconsin
Fatbuttface logged on to youtube very recently.

Maybe it actually happened, and as keegan said, it richochede off a wall and took him out, that could explain my theory.

So it may be true, but it wasnt fartbuttface.

-----

EDIT OF THE EDIT
wow, some cruel people out there, they are commenting on fartbuttfaces profile saying "Dont worry, the respawn delay for suicide is only 6 seconds"

Making jokes about someone committing suicide is HORRIBLE!

He could have reinacted a melee. That would explain why he had the gun pointed to his head and pulled the trigger at the same time.

Friendly said:
He could have reinacted a melee. That would explain why he had the gun pointed to his head and pulled the trigger at the same time.

even if he did do a melee, the weapon is way too long to be aiming at his face

Perhaps he was actually re-inacting a game where someone actually committed suicide....The only one off the top of my head would be the Darkness. Or maybe the 2nd level from CoD 4....

I also grew up around guns (started shooting at 5) and safety is first and foremost. I never saw a real gun as a toy because I saw what it could do when it was fired.

Whatever it was, there are always accidental shootings by kids either a friend or themselves (At least twice a year in Texas that makes the news) . It is the parents fault for not teaching their child properly. Ignorance does so much more dammage than anything else.

Blaming the game is just crazy though. First time I've heard that one on an accidental suicide.

Well, fartbuttface is out of the Picture, from what I read, here is the differences that fartbuttface has:

He's 14

He lives in Canada

The boy did not have any Spartan Armor

A kid like fartbuttface would not ditch school and play with a loaded gun. If he would, he would have used his Weapons he made.

So fartbuttface is Fully out of the Picture.

Fenix Chief said:
Well, fartbuttface is out of the Picture, from what I read, here is the differences that fartbuttface has:

He's 14

He lives in Canada

The boy did not have any Spartan Armor

A kid like fartbuttface would not ditch school and play with a loaded gun. If he would, he would have used his Weapons he made.

So fartbuttface is Fully out of the Picture.
Buttface has armor.
=]
Can we call him something else? Fartbuttface is just weird.
Lets call him bringer of RAINBOWS! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Keegan said:
Buttface has armor.
=]
Can we call him something else? Fartbuttface is just weird.
Lets call him bringer of RAINBOWS! :eek: :eek: :eek:
When I was saying the boy didn't have any armor, I was talking about the shot boy. But yea, fartbuttface is very weird to say, lets call him Cardboard Maker! In honor of his cardboard Armor and Weapons.

Man... that is... sad. Where were the parents? Why werent the guns locked? And now its going to be guns and games as the culprits. I've played Duke Nukem since I was, what, 6? And I hunt out in the woods. So this? This is just... I dont know. Theres just really no way to describe what Im feeling. :(

So even if it WERE real, does it mean that the idiot father will get a free ticket out of being an irresponsible parent, simply by blaming a video game for his son's stupidity?
Wow, I don't know who's more stupid, the kid, or the people who agree that video games have anything to do with this..

So really, how many kids in the middle east play video games to hone their killing skills?

23Magnum said:
Same here. Learned thew scouts (eagle scout) and been in love with them ever since. I dont think im as picky as you all i need it just have the camber open then go right ahead and had it over.

First time i looked at it i had to take a double take since he lived like 20 mins from were i go to school.

EDIT: not to sound mean or anything but i love when Social Darwinism (it think that the right one) comes into affect. It helps clear out bad genies in the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back