Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a nice update :3
Finished sanding the right forearm, finished painting the left one! Left is officially finished!

Yay! Today I finished sanding the right forearm. Like the left one, it isn't perfect, but well... I'm satisfied with it.
Here you see it primed and yes, I drew with pencil the lines and tomorrow I'll make them real... and paint paint paint!

WP_20160612_01_05_28_Pro.jpg

Here is just work-in-progress thingy, I drilled off some section from the forearm to insert the elbow pad and tested how it would sit.
(nice photos!)

WP_20160611_16_10_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20160611_16_11_52_Pro.jpg

Here is the forearm gauntlet already finished, but I just wanted to see how it looks overall with everything on. ;)

WP_20160612_00_40_03_Pro.jpg

And here is the forearm finished!
Did the weathering, dust and dirt.
NOW I CALL IT FINISHED and it's time for right one... and don't worry, the right one won't be that banged up. ;)

WP_20160612_00_45_20_Pro.jpg

WP_20160612_01_04_30_Pro.jpg

Wow.

What is your method for making it look metal? I'd love to know your weathering techniques, too. I know these are more tedious questions, but I don't think you specified the answers anywhere. Unless you have, in which case I'm just as bad as the rest of 'em.

I need my suit to look as good as yours. Please teach me your ways.

As always, your suit is looking fantastic. Very well done. :)

The forearms are looking great Palmer!!! Cant wait to see this thingall done!

Thanks. Today is painting time. :D

Wow.

What is your method for making it look metal? I'd love to know your weathering techniques, too. I know these are more tedious questions, but I don't think you specified the answers anywhere. Unless you have, in which case I'm just as bad as the rest of 'em.

I need my suit to look as good as yours. Please teach me your ways.

As always, your suit is looking fantastic. Very well done. :)

I use few different techniques. But you just use a silver paint, you know, that has this silver pigment.

// i promised I'll make a tutorial for weathering too xD - in June... both //

Another update.

Like I planned, today I finished sanding and spraying the right forearm gauntlet.
Already did the red markings too.
I'll leave it so til tomorrow - and then I'll add some scratches and well, only painting remains...

WP_20160612_21_54_36_Pro.jpg

On the side note.
Recently I added two screws to the boots... Just a detail, but well, it was important to me.
Now I feel a lot better, heh.

WP_20160612_15_14_25_Pro.jpg

I hate that you're going for the weathered, beat-up look because they look so gorgeous! It makes me sad =( but still, your weathering technique is great

Sorry.
I don't like plastic new and fresh out of the factory, I prefer more weathered - roughed through time and use and with more character.
Also, I don't believe Spartans have a very special paint that never wears off after years of use... :B

Sorry.
I don't like plastic new and fresh out of the factory, I prefer more weathered - roughed through time and use and with more character.
Also, I don't believe Spartans have a very special paint that never wears off after years of use... :B

Lol, no need to be sorry. They look gorgeous before the weathering and they still look great afterwards! I plan on making my armor very weathered too, but painted over and then dirtied up like they're portrayed in Reach. Some spots will be bare metal tho, like yours.

You're doing great, keep it up Mara

Lol, no need to be sorry. They look gorgeous before the weathering and they still look great afterwards! I plan on making my armor very weathered too, but painted over and then dirtied up like they're portrayed in Reach. Some spots will be bare metal tho, like yours.

You're doing great, keep it up Mara

Yeah, the weathered armor has so much more character. :D
Can't wait to see yours.

// UPDATE //

Also, no big update for yesterday. Just cut off the holes for trap doors on the shoulders.
You know... E3..

Alright, today I've painted the scratches and damage on the forearm. Tomorrow - add weathering and dirt.

WP_20160615_00_24_58_Pro.jpg

Also, I've started working on the shoulder pieces.
Just to explain some ripped spots - it's embarassing, but trying to keep the build on budget I went cheaper way and I didn't glue the fiberglass on - I heard some people do it... but well, I didn't and while I did my best to make all fiberglass fill all the edges and such - as you see, it clearly didn't. While it wouldn't be as terrible, it would annoy me if I'd leave it like that so I rather ripped it and will fill it later on again.

BUT, I see so much less work here on these than on the forearms.

WP_20160614_20_03_32_Pro.jpg

Another update.
I've started working on the shoulders. Right shoulder to be specific. Starting to make it smoother first.
Also, tested and drilled forearms for the pink stick to connect it with elbow pad.

WP_20160616_20_12_12_Pro.jpg

Forearm finished!

Also, today the forearm fell off the table (pictured in the photo on the top). I almost had an heart attack. The floor is made out of stone plates... It fell and bounced like two or three times.
I was so afraid it broke... Luckily - no damage at all. Just the top layer of the metallic paint was gone on 1-2 small spots, I wouldn't have even really noticed.

WP_20160617_04_44_41_Pro.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start attaching the pink stick to the elbows and then after it's cured - to the forearms.

///

Accidents happen. Looks good nonethe less and is moons better progress than me. *stares at my untouched foamboard and sighs*

Well, it isn't such accident. I'd call it more an inconvenience. I could always do battle damage on top of that. Still, nothin serious.
Do some work finally. :p

Just a quick update - I permanently connected the forearms with the elbows today.
Now they are quite finished. I might touch up the elbows to make them dirtier to match up the forearms more...
After that - I'll only have to add padding and finished. But until then, DONE.

Yes, that pink magic stick...

WP_20160618_03_59_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20160618_03_59_39_Pro.jpg

Just an update. The right shoulder is lot smoother. I hope to start tomorrow working on the details and such as well.

WP_20160618_20_39_05_Pro.jpg

Oh man, this whole build is so damn stunning. Cannot wait to see a ton of nice pictures of the finished suit - directly after gamescom at the latest, I guess. :lol

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've been more off lately doing other stuff and I've been cleaning and rearranging my room (so I'll be also able to work on these tutorials I promised).

I dunno, I might mave whispered I also love collecting Halo stuff... but I've rearranged a shelf, and I'm very happy how it looks now, so just wanted to share.
The smallest, yet most important shelf for me - contains all important characters, teams or scenes from the games and such... I would have included more, but well, shelf is too small.
And yeah, it isn't finished - I'll be making custom Linda and Vale so that's why you might think these two Spartans look so unfamiliar and weird... and I'll be also making that custom Arbiter an repainting that Mark V into Chief from Halo: CE... and one day, after that, I'll make proper bases and stands for all them...

DSC01117.JPG

Looking great!

Thank you. ^^

Oh man, this whole build is so damn stunning. Cannot wait to see a ton of nice pictures of the finished suit - directly after gamescom at the latest, I guess. :lol

Thank you very much. :)
Oh, I dunno if there will be a ton of pictures. ;) I'll try to collect few pictures though.

Build is looking stupendous. Tier 3 for sure!!

Thanks. ;)
Well, I'm doing my best but for me most important is just to get approved and deployed, Tiers are just number, but thank you very much. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back