Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Anniversary Mara!

"I don't know what's weirder, that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing" - Suzie

I got a few questions. I decided to build this armour and since its my first time building an armour i'm gonna have a hard time for sure. how tall are you? and How did you scale it so it can match your height? Because Because i'm using some scaling tutorials that i found here and I did my arm piece but it does not seem the right size. These are the tutorials i'm using and have used. I've used this one for the helmet but it turned out small so I stopped half way through it. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=31627 and right now im currently using this one for the arm peice which it also came out small. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php?t=25588

From personal experience, you need to mix all three scaling methods together. When I made my suit earlier this year, I spent most of last year peping files until they fit. My final armour is still too big but it was a good attempt for my first try.

There is no single method that works for everyone, and no single method that will match all suits, you just have to try all them and find the best for you. HaloGoddess is a the most consistent starting method. If you have access to photoshop I would suggest importing a picture of yourself at 10th scale (1cm = 1mm) and then scale an image of the armour to match you. Your still going to have trial and error peping a lot, but you will learn how to do it best after that. I wish you luck.

Happy 405th Anniversary Commander. :) Hope all your builds come out the way you would like them to. Cheers.

Happy Anniversary Mara!

Happy Anniversary Commander! :D

Thanks, guys. I'm not sentimental. I thought it was just surprisingly nice to see it that I'm still not done after a year, haha. A coincidence that I spotted it, really.

From personal experience, you need to mix all three scaling methods together. When I made my suit earlier this year, I spent most of last year peping files until they fit. My final armour is still too big but it was a good attempt for my first try.

There is no single method that works for everyone, and no single method that will match all suits, you just have to try all them and find the best for you. HaloGoddess is a the most consistent starting method. If you have access to photoshop I would suggest importing a picture of yourself at 10th scale (1cm = 1mm) and then scale an image of the armour to match you. Your still going to have trial and error peping a lot, but you will learn how to do it best after that. I wish you luck.

Agree.
You need to make sure all of these fit. For example - something may fit in height, but it may not fit in width. You can do some tricks how to make something wider, but you won't shrink a part...

Alright, enough. Need to move my lazy butt.
I just learned that WGW - a video game fair in my country, will be holding a cosplay contest... and well, I want to participate.
That means - I have 2 weeks time. Actually, 9 days to finish because I have to send application til 9th, while the whole contest will be on 15th.
So, strapping and padding... and the helmet. I think I can finish the helmet in 2 weeks, heh.

Palmer selfie for motivation.
Normal women do selfies. I do Spartan selfies.

DSC01479.JPG
DSC01484.JPG

Just a photo of the back. I removed more of the helmet on the back. Why?
To be able to move my head freely - to be able to look up.

Removed all the edges and will be adding bondo tomorrow.

DSC01486.JPG

That is one intimidating staredown. Nice work. You'll get it done, and it'll be incredible.

We prefer Spartan selfies, normal women are so passé

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

That is one intimidating staredown. Nice work. You'll get it done, and it'll be incredible.

This is why I love the Scout helmet so much. It's intimidating... While Helljumper (Buck's) helmet is like the cutest helmet ever that I could hardly take seriously. :3
Thanks, well, I don't have that much to do on the suit, so I'm very confident it should be fine. Just the helmet, that's most of work.

We prefer Spartan selfies, normal women are so passé

Totally agree. Normal selfies are boring, Spartan selfies are awesome.

Do you have an undersuit ready? I may have missed it in all of the awe-inspiring selfies, but that seems like the one thing you're missing for a perfect sans-helmet Palmer.

Last parts finished. The elbow padding.

DSC01493.JPG

This is how it looks like underneath the undersuit.
It isn't a big detail, but important enough for me.

DSC01495.JPG
DSC01498.JPG

And this is how it looks with forearm armor on.
In the game on the SCOUT armor the elbow padding is visible together with the forearm gauntlet, that's why it was an important detail for me.

DSC01500.JPG
DSC01502.JPG
DSC01508.JPG

Do you have an undersuit ready? I may have missed it in all of the awe-inspiring selfies, but that seems like the one thing you're missing for a perfect sans-helmet Palmer.

Actually, I finished the last parts for the undersuit just today.
Now I need to finish the strapping system and well, the helmet.

You've got this!

Yeah, thanks!

Photos didn't show Mara.

"I don't know what is weirder - that you're fighting a stuffed animal, or that you seem to be losing." - Suzie

Oooooooooh

The detail on that undersuit is amazing, one of the best I've seen

Question: Have you heard of the new Yaya Han hex pattern material that's selling?

The detail on that undersuit is amazing, one of the best I've seen

Question: Have you heard of the new Yaya Han hex pattern material that's selling?

Thank you very much.

Hm... I am not sure if it's that one, but I've heard of recently released fabric with a tiny hex-pattern.

Alright, today I've finished attaching the abdoment armor part.
I don't have sewing machine, so I had to go to tailor. Why sew the velcro? I've sewn it to a nylon strap, then glued to EVA foam.
Velcro doesn't stick to hot glue, so sew it together to nylon strap and glue it, it'll have a good hold.

It's actually the only armor part that I'm attaching with velcro, all other with buckles and straps.

DSC01524.JPG
DSC01522.JPG

Also, I seriously screwed up.

I ordered more buckles (ekhem... 20) and another piece of strap. Problem?
I ordered the wrong size! T_T Instead of 25mm I ordered 20mm... So as you can guess, it doesn't fit.
I immediately ordered the right size today, but the problem is, I am not sure if they will deliver it by Friday. If not? Well... I'm screwed.

The game fair is on 15-16th, but I'm supposed to deliver photos til 9th, which means I won't have finished costume. I really hoped I would have it finished by then... Oh well. V_V
I'll have to improvise and figure something out...

Looks sick! (to the point at which the in game model starts to look like the low detail copy.)

Thank you very much, I'm flattered now! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back