Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by CommanderPalmer, Nov 18, 2015.

1. mblackwell1002

mblackwell1002 Well-Known Member

Never! She took footage of her foot armor...so it's "foot-age"...pff!

2. SavedbyGraceG12

SavedbyGraceG12 Well-Known Member

mblackwell1002

Well... Mara mentioned it one time before. If ya don't believe me, check post #613 on page 25. Lol, knowing you blackwell, I thought maybe that's what you were referring to.:p

mblackwell1002 likes this.
  3. mblackwell1002

Oooh. I see the hobbit feet now. So does that make a five-sided pun-tagon? Alright, I'll call myself a punslinger and then leave. Or, you can call me a punnana. (in case you didn't get that one, it's "pun+banana") HAHAHAHAHA. I need to stop now...I'm such a doof...lol. xD

4. SavedbyGraceG12

mblackwell1002
    Lol, I think we both need to stop! Ohhh, but this so much fun! Hah, I wonder if Mara has seen this yet?:whistle:

5. CommanderPalmer

CommanderPalmer Well-Known Member

LOL guys :lol: I love all the puns. :lol:
    I find that hilarious SavedbyGraceG12 you still remembered that hobbit mention. And *, mblackwell1002 is a Punnana Master. :D

Also, thanks but I won't go hard on the Dremel... I want it to live long. ;)

And are you serious mblackwell1002? You just did a tutorial so don't say you can't paint. :p

Painting today. Couldn't use the garden, so I'm weathering all the pieces I have prepared. :)
    Finishing that helmet finally!

DSC02956.JPG

SI3RRA 117 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  6. CommanderPalmer

Last update for today.

Did the whole weathering on the helmet and thigh. Now I have to make it all dirty.
    I have to say I love the helmet. Especially when it becomes more "beaten up".

DSC02957.JPG
    DSC02960.JPG

Finished the tutorial! Or rather, finished the piece and recorded all the footage... It's under 2 hours, so will have to definitely cut most of it. But I have it, most likely will sit and work on it tomorrow.
    Anyway, but the piece is finished!

Will have to do the second piece tomorrow... Actually I have multiple pieces to make dirty... remaining front boot part, both boot parts on the back, thigh piece and helmet!
    Lot of work... Also, worth mentioning that I have the left thigh piece ready for masking to paint some areas dark gray and shins to stip paint... oh *, it sounds like a lot... and it's even more. >_>

DSC02969.JPG
    DSC02968.JPG

7. mblackwell1002

A lot of work? Nah! I find painting to be so much fun that I could do it all day long! And when I remove the masking..."It's like freakin' Christmas" - Adam Savage

lol.

Noice work! I can not figure out how you make the paint behave so much like dirt on the armor. The dirtiness looks so real!

8. CommanderPalmer

mblackwell1002 Awww, Sir Adam Savage <3
    Painting is much fun, but stripping paint is not... :D
    And thank you! Seriously thank you to hear you think it looks like it's dirty and used. :) And you'll see soon enough how I do it. :)

-- UPDATE --

Finished all boot parts! Now off to right thigh and helmet after that.
    Of course old piece for comparison. So happy how these look now.

DSC02970.JPG

SavedbyGraceG12 likes this.
  9. Schankerz

Schankerz Well-Known Member

I'm sorry...did you say...Punanna Master?......

IMG_3418.GIF
    The puns are too strong here...TOO STRONG I SAY

Oh and the helmet look awesome btw, it's so cloooose...

10. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

Just to let you know why people don't like Palmer (in-game), It's because she shot Dr. Halsey in the arm after she gave majestic one half of the Janus key.

11. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

I personally don't see how Palmer and Halsey are cool after that but I also don't care about all the halo fans feud with Palmer.

12. CommanderPalmer

agentflorida I'm not saying you're wrong but many more people are offended by the friendly joke "I thought you'd be taller".
    Also, Palmer and Halsey had multiple face-to-face encounters after Spartan Ops and before Halo 5 which also changed the perspective a bit.

ZephyrAngelwing and SI3RRA 117 like this.
  13. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

Never expected that it was the joke, intriguing. Also I don't have any connections giving me access to Halo's EU. But interesting.

14. CommanderPalmer

agentflorida Well, it was a friendly teasing joke to break up the ice. Marines and especially ODSTs do talk like that, if you listen to them throughout the games. And Palmer was an ODST before she was recruited to Spartan-IV program.
    Also, well Halo Escalation issues mostly cover what happens after Spartan Ops til Halo 5 and Palmer&Halsey met there multiple times. Both made mistakes and kinda... then it made them be all chill together in Halo 5 I guess.

15. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

Cool I'll have to look into that someway or somehow.

16. CommanderPalmer

Another update time. Finished the right thigh! To be honest I regret not popping the batteries in. The photo would have looked way more impressive.

rightthigh.JPG

SI3RRA 117, ZP180 and mblackwell1002 like this.
  17. CommanderPalmer

Last update. Working on the helmet. Not finished yet, one side almost finished.

DSC02978.JPG

18. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Keeper of Con Lists Community Staff

Actually I think its your humor that needs improvement!!!!! ;)

SavedbyGraceG12 likes this.
  19. Dirtdives

Dirtdives Keeper of Con Lists Community Staff

Be nice.......no reason to poke fun at those who are podiatraly challenged......giggle giggle.......hobbit feet

20. SavedbyGraceG12

Hey mblackwell1002, look who decided to finally join the bandwagon!

Dirtdives likes this.
  21. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

It would be cool if one of your closest friends who loves doing this stuff made the armor from Palmer's partner who sacrificed themselves on Spartan assualt. And if you have an assualt rifle and a magnum you should decorate it with the UNSC skin weapon skin from halo 5, just a idea.

22. CommanderPalmer

agentflorida Spartan Davis you mean? Well, I would have preferred to see Lasky SOOO much more. Or Roland. I'd hug the crap out of them and I'm normally not a hugg-able person. Those two are my most desired cosplays to encounter.

UNSC skins you say? EKHEM.

palmerfoto.jpg

This is only how I roll. UNSC skin or nothing. Just, personally prefer the classical stripe instead of the UNSC logo.
    More about these should be somewhere in the thread around in page 25-27 I think.

[​IMG]

ReClaimer8015 likes this.
  23. agentflorida

agentflorida Jr Member

The logo is what I was mostly talking about but that works to I guess.

24. CommanderPalmer

Well, I dislike the logo on them. Like the logo itself, but it doesn't look good on a weapon IMO. Way too distracting and also takes away the classical stripe Magnums had and the MA5D has in default.

25. CommanderPalmer

Helmet almost finished. Gotta touch up some areas, but pretty much this is how it looks like and how it will look like.

DSC02999.JPG

Many of the finished pieces together to look at the bigger picture how it all fits together.
    And yep. Will definitely have to add few smaller scratches to the thigh piece.

DSC02997.JPG